Senior Corporate Accountant
Company: Alchemy Global Talent Solutions
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 24, 2022
One of our most exciting clients has an amazing opportunity to
join their team in Palo Alto as a Senior Corporate Accounting
Analyst. Their business is a pioneer within the technology sector
and the software they have developed is the foundation of major
scientific breakthroughs and research.As a software firm, one of
our greatest expenditures is labour, and the first task this job
will face will be redesigning the payroll accounting process and
determining how we can offer more value to the organisation. You'll
work closely with the operational and international accounting
teams and oversee assisting the Corporate Accounting team in
closing the books on a monthly basis, as well as developing
internal controls, automation, and process improvements. We look
for problem solvers who aren't happy with the status quo and are
energised by the prospect of improving the efficiency or accuracy
of current procedures.Responsibilities:
- Payroll, cash, and other activities for US and international
subsidiaries should be recorded in the accounting system.
- Assist the Payroll Operations team with accounting expertise
and serve as the point person for any payroll-related financial
- As part of the month-end closure process, collaborate with
upstream and downstream teams to undertake flow analysis and
provide accounting advice for connected transactions.
- To support expansion, scalability, and enhanced compliance,
implement and record enhancements to the payroll and cash
- Possibility of taking on more advanced duties.Skills:
- 4+ years of accounting or finance experience, with a minimum of
2 years in general corporate accounting, public accounting is
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as
the ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience working with multinational teams is
- Strong organisational and attention to detail abilities; able
to multitask and maintain accuracy in work products in a
fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- A problem-solving technique that is both analytical and
inventive, with a track record of process improvement.
- Working understanding of financial reporting and general ledger
- Experience with NetSuite, Workday, ADP, Safeguard, and
GTreasury is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a closely
related subject is necessary.
Keywords: Alchemy Global Talent Solutions, Palo Alto , Senior Corporate Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!