Assistant Clinic Manager-Clerical - Clinic-Administration (1.0 FTE, Days)
Company: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Patient Services1.0 FTE, 8-Hour Day ShiftsAt Stanford Children's
Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring.
That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough
discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our
caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art
facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's
Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on
our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one
child and family at a time.This position provides on site
supervision and support for ambulatory clinic day to day
operations. Works with physicians and other providers to develop
efficient schedule templates, ensures that schedule changes are
appropriately completed and tracks clinic cancellation statistics.
Develop preliminary staffing schedules. Trains new staff and
ensures competency. Audits staff performance and addresses
immediate performance issues as they occur. Ensures that staff
completes required training and completes staff evaluations.
Ensures that the clinic has adequate supplies and forms and is
appropriately stocked. Participate in department and hospital
projects and committees.Essential Functions
- Assists the manager in developing and monitoring the supply
- Audits staff performance of front desk, phone, back office and
- Coaches staff and addresses performance issues as they
- Coordinates staff schedules (including lunches and breaks) to
ensure appropriate staffing and adhere to policy. Reassigns staff
as necessary to provide adequate coverage.
- Delivers performance evaluations in collaboration with the
Practice Manager and as appropriate.
- Ensure the approved process for using Trust Commerce is
followed by staff and self.
- Hires staff and evaluates performance.
- Observes work being performed and monitors the outcome of
- Orients staff to LPCH, ACC and SHC Clinic specific policies and
- Oversees authorization and front-end billing issues.
- Oversees minute to minute clinic flow and ensures that patients
are being taken care of in an efficient, compassionate and
courteous manner. Coordinates staffing of the check in and check
out functions to optimize patient through put.
- Provide on site supervision to clinic staff.
- Reviews and signs off on daily clinic deposits.
- Works with other Clinic Supervisors and Practice Managers to
coordinate staffing between clinics as necessary to best serve
patient and provider needs.
- Works with physicians and other providers to develop efficient
schedule templates.Minimum QualificationsAny combination of
education and experience that would likely provide the required
knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any
required licenses or certifications is qualifying.Education:
Associate's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an
accredited college or universityExperience: Three (3) years of
progressively responsible and directly related work
experienceKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to adjust communications to fit the needs and level of
understanding of the receiver.
- Ability to coach and motivate team members.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills in interactions
with all patients, families and staff, including high volume and
- Ability to plan, direct, train, supervise and evaluate the work
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others.
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English
effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective
performance of the job.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional
area.Equal Opportunity EmployerLucile Packard Children's Hospital
Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal
opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and
practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does
not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color,
sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national
or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical
condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or
the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members
of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and
veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with
criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized
assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where
applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance
Keywords: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto , Assistant Clinic Manager-Clerical - Clinic-Administration (1.0 FTE, Days), Administration, Clerical , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!