Event Planner-Administrative Float
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Stanford University, one of Silicon Valley's largest and unique
employers and its mission is to educate future leaders and promote
interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion
makes Stanford an intensely creative and rewarding place to work.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly self-motivated
learner willing and eager to take on new challenges in a dynamic
and fast-paced environment.
We are seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to serve as an event
planner as well as provide high-level administrative support in the
department. The ideal candidate will possess excellent
organizational skills with attention to detail, excellent verbal
and written communication skills, excellent customer service and
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair
in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving
problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with
capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation
- Other duties may also be assigned
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher
education strongly preferred
- Understanding of the organization of Stanford University
Medical Center or similar academic medical center preferred
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and meet
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and
clients and with external organizations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Department URL: http://neurosurgery.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 92162 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Palo Alto , Event Planner-Administrative Float, Administration, Clerical , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!