Company: Hope Services
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Location: Palo Alto, CATeam: Community Employment Services -
Supported Employment Team /Work Type: Full-Time
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to
make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the
integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of
community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning
process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency,
providing a wide array of quality services for persons with
developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently
hiring Job Coaches to provide support and leadership for clients to
participate in our Community Employment Services program.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition
Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans
About this Job Coach position:
The Job Coach implements the Project Search worksite internship
program for trainees with disabilities in hosted business settings.
Performs all duties to assure a positive relationship and business
outcome for the host organization as well as the interns.
This Job Coach position includes the following principle
1. Represent Hope in the day-to-day Project Search activities at
worksite. Work collaboratively with school districts, host
employer's management /staff, SARC staff and families
2. Write a program plan with each intern which represents that
intern's objectives in attending Project Search, defines objectives
for each rotation and leads directly into a job development plan at
the successful completion of the internship. Consider input from
each intern's entire circle of support in the writing of the
3. Under PS Instructor direction, works with adult interns and
school Instructors, school district Job Coaches and host management
and staff to assure consistent program implementation.
4. Provide regular, specific and frequent feedback to the interns
and communicate regularly with each adult intern's key support
persons and/or the PS Instructor regarding progress and needs.
Under direction of PS Instructor, schedule and facilitate monthly
staffings/communications for each intern. Provide on-going and
collaborative problem solving
5. Provide individualized support for all interns on their rotation
assignments, coordinated with the PS Team, including job coaching,
building natural supports, identifying job accommodations,
assistive technology, and other as needed.
6. Perform sophisticated task analyses, job analyses and job
matching, maintain detailed data collection and implement and adapt
individualized teaching strategies as developed with the team.
7. Provide individualized support to interns prepare for employment
at the end of the internship, including interview skills, resumes,
a job development plan, interview clothes, and a job search
8. Provide travel training as necessary.
9. Help with job development for the interns; act as the
HopeRepresentative for host employer if they hire any of the
interns, providing direct service to the clients and support to the
10. Assist with case review, maintain client files, and assure
completion of monthly reports.
11. Act as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. Other duties as assigned to support the goals of the Agency and
assure program efficiency.
Minimum Qualifications :
The Job Coach should possess a High School diploma, G.E.D. or
equivalent plus one year of related experience working with people
with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
Reports To: Program Coordinator or Manager as assigned with
dotted-line reporting relationship with PS Instructor
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities for this Job Coach
1. Professional level English skills, both verbal and written.
2. Ability to communicate with and train persons with developmental
3. Knowledge of and experience with travel training
4. Knowledge of advocacy, ADA, DOL and employment related issues
for the disabled.
5. Ability to do job analysis in conjunction with school district
at the standard required by PS
6. Understanding of and ability to implement person centered
planning as well as individual training plans.
7. Ability to work with a wide range of people, communicating well
with Department Managers at host employers, Teachers, Families and
clients; ability to facilitate bridge building for Interns in their
8. Self-starting, independent, able to work well without close
supervision, with good judgment and reliability.
9. Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
10. Ability to complete reports and data collection on the
computer, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
11. Ability to manage time and multiple priorities
12. Ability to travel to multiple locations.
13. Ability to use good judgement and decision making and problem
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense
concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in work
locations, standing, bending and manipulating materials. Travel to
various work site locations throughout the assigned setting. Some
exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, dust and
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Hope Services, Palo Alto , Job Coach, Education / Teaching , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!