Middle School Math Teacher
Company: Stratford School
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Middle School Teacher is responsible for the general
supervision and management of the classroom. This person must be
professionally prepared as a teacher of young children.
Additionally, the teacher agrees to uphold the high expectations
and standards of Stratford Schools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Parent Orientation
- Back-to-School Night
- Kindergarten Overview
- Winter/Spring Programs
- Open House
- Stratford School's Annual Family Events
- Science Fair
- Staff Meetings/Grade Level Meetings
- August Teacher Training Workshops
- Parent Conferences
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making
effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant
reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance
with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and d--cor
of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint
housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade level
meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all
aspects of the Core Knowledge Curriculum.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close
communication with the principal and parents regarding student
issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline,
seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student
- Implement the Stop and Think Social Skills program as promoted
by Stratford School.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited
Competencies:ProfessionalismStrong customer service skills, both
external and internalCooperativeBuilds interpersonal
relationshipsAlert to the needs of others, students, and
co-workersPunctual and reliableExcellent oral and written
Skills/Knowledge/Education:Prior to being hired, a teacher shall
have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or
university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the
approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a
current and valid teaching credential issued by the California
Commission on Teacher Credentialing.Middle or High School Math
teaching experience required.
Physical Requirements:Position requires a high level of energy with
the ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently.
Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able
to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can
lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must
be able to supervise students by sight and sound.
Keywords: Stratford School, Palo Alto , Middle School Math Teacher, Education / Teaching , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!