Lead Engineer, Front-End - Data Platform
Company: Visa, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Lead Engineer, Front-End - Data Platform
- Full-time Company Description As the world's leader in digital
payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through
the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling
individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced
global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable
payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than
65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to
innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any
device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone,
everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is
applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape
the future of commerce. At Visa, your individuality fits right in.
Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest
in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse
workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers,
innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in
even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the
industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial
literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and
underserved consumers. You're an Individual. We're the team for
you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays. Job
- Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to
consume, scalable, secure, and reliable using open source-based
Cloud solutions for Big Data technologies
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most
innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations
team during and after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical
challenges and process improvements.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce
complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation
across the enterprise.
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are
fit for purpose while keeping technology relevant.
- Spend 80% of the time writing code--in different languages,
frameworks and technology stacks. Qualifications Basic
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at
least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g.
Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a
PhD Preferred Qualifications:
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10
years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD,
MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong service--architecture and development experience with
high performance and scalability
- Strong skills on mentoring/growing junior people
- Experience building drag-and-drop interfaces for building
web-based tools from the ground up is a plus.
- Payment industry experience is a plus. Additional Information
Work Hours:--This position requires the incumbent to be available
during core business hours. Travel Requirements:--This position
requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements:--This position will be performed in
an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit
and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone,
frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones
and computers, and reach with hands and arms.-- Visa is an EEO
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law. Lead Engineer,
Front-End - Data Platform
Keywords: Visa, Inc., Palo Alto , Lead Engineer, Front-End - Data Platform, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!