Company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the
world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear
of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver
easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part
of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Varian Medical Systems is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer
to join our development team. The individual would contribute in
the area of PCB development. The ideal candidate would be a
self-driven individual with a passion for electronics and a desire
to work on a product that changes people's lives.
In this role, you will:
* Design multilayer, mixed-signal PCBs comprised of analog,
digital, power, communication, and mixed-signal circuits
* Define PCB layout input and assist the designer with the layout
* Test, characterize and troubleshoot PCBAs to achieve optimal
* Actively participate in the subsystem/system integration process
collaborating with SW and mechanical team members
* Write technical documentation including requirements, circuit
descriptions, and test methods
The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
* BS or MS 5-7 years in field of Electrical Engineering, or
* Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of analog, digital,
power, communication, and mixed-signal ADC/DAC circuits
* Demonstrate experience designing circuits using common signal
* Experience taking multiple complex boards through the layout
process, providing detailed layout constraints to the PCB
* Ability to define and develop test procedures and to perform
* Experience in a lab environment, using oscilloscopes, logic
analyzers and other test equipment.
* Superior written and verbal communications skills
What will set you apart:
* Experience designing for medical equipment
* Experience designing circuits for motion control systems with
motor drivers and digital feedback
* Significant systems integration experience
* Experience with power distribution
* Experience using OrCad schematic capture
* Experience using Cadence Allegro or Mentor Expedition SW
* Experience designing FPGAs using VHDL
* Experience using LabView
* Experience designing for medical equipment a plus
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable
regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision
takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day.
That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and
intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror
of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come
from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.
Keywords: Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Palo Alto , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!