Material Engineer(Recycle)-Cell Electrode
Company: Rivian Automotive
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 8, 2022
- Join the Cell Engineering team, developing next-generation
battery technology for Rivian's products.
- We care about our planet! Help us use our resources better by
developing a cradle-to-cradle cell lifecycle, including spent
- See your vision flourish from idea to mass production through
Rivian's manufacturing development and validation process, and
integrate recycled materials into Rivian's products.
- Work collaboratively with some of the world's best Cell
engineers to optimize the battery's efficiency, cost and lifecycle
via empirical and theoretical modeling and simulation.
- Help us make the best chemical and mechanical processes
possible by identifying critical material characteristics and
specifications, including degradation and failure modes, processing
capabilities, and other optimizations contributing to lower utility
costs and time.
- Be in the driver's seat to protect our planet by reducing,
reusing, and recycling our waste. Qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical engineering,
materials science, process engineering, or relevant degrees with 3+
years of hands-on work experience in lithium-ion battery, ceramic
materials processing, or chemical industry (or a combination with
- Strong understanding in materials characterization tools such
as SEM, XRD, XPS, Raman, BET, TGA/DSC, or ICP and electrochemical
evaluation tools to measure charge-discharge cycling, rate
capability, CV, and EIS.
- Ability to apply concepts of hydrometallurgical and
pyrometallurgical methods to material processing, separation, post
processing, and refinement technologies.
- Understanding the trends in current state-of-the-art and
emerging cell chemistries. Ability to distinguish the difference
between practical engineering solutions and unrealistic ideas.
- Experience and ability to work in a chemistry lab setting.
- Experience in risk analyses, including Design Failure Mode and
Effect Analysis (DFMEA) to define risks and carry out root cause
- Ability to carry out design of experiments.
- Can convey technical information in non-technical format at
varying levels of technical competence, including executive
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right
people, the right questions at the right time in the right
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much
attention as problem solving.
- Structured: able to organize chaos thru methodical framework
and documentation to achieve goals harmoniously.
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Palo Alto , Material Engineer(Recycle)-Cell Electrode, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!