Firmware engineering 4
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the
world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear
of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver
easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part
of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Here Are Some Highlights Of This Position
- Design and develop Object Oriented real time applications
deployed on the VxWorks RTOS.
- Integrate the control software with electrical and mechanical
hardware and application software to achieve coordinated sensing
and control - youll be controlling devices that affect and
positively saves patients lives.
- Work with Electrical and Mechanical engineering team members to
perfectly synchronize the X-ray generation and the motion of
- Design and implement test automation to help ensure the FPGAs
and real time applications safety and that they effectively meet
the requirements. The equipment you help design kills cancer cells
we have to make sure its done safely.
- Adapt the design onto new technologies. You should be
comfortable working in a fast paced environment focused on creating
safe, reliable software while meeting schedule commitments.
- Job Requirements
- Highly proficient in C++ programming with minimum 10 years
relevant professional experience in developing object-oriented
- Experience with control systems, medical or industrial, and
state machine based implementation required.
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience developing
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment.
- Strong problem analysis and solving capability.
- Bachelors degree in software engineering or other technical
discipline is required. Masters or PhD is desired.
- Experience developing embedded software for a medical device
- Good understanding of modern RTOS, embedded systems and
networking a big plus.
- Experience with motion control/robotic industry a big
- Experience with servo development a big plus
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the
U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S.
employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally
required and approved accommodations .
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision
takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day.
That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and
intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror
of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come
from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.
Privacy Statementby Jobble
Keywords: Varian, Palo Alto , Firmware engineering 4, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!