Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the
world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear
of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver
easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part
of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Performs the calibration and validation of test and data analysis
equipment and systems used for clinical research, trials and
product testing. Assists in equipment selection, and specification.
Maintains all documentation pertaining to qualification and
validation. May develop procedures and/or protocols. Also serves as
information resource for validation technicians, contractors and
- Leads projects in optimizing the efficiency, capability and
effectiveness of manufacturing processes through strategic process
- Closely collaborates with Manufacturing, Manufacturing
Engineering and New Product Introduction (NPI) in planning and
execution of Validation activities of Manufacturing processes and
equipment in Manufacturing Operations/Production.
- Active participation in defining activities to assure
compliance to all Internal Policies and Procedures as well as to
all External Standards (QSR, ISO 13485, MDSAP, MDD and EU
- Manages Validation projects, manufacturing risk analysis,
process control plans and performs validation activities, including
developing of validation plans, protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ/TMV) and
reports as well as Validation process procedures and other Quality
System documentation. Maintains all documentation pertaining to
qualification and validation.
- Design and perform process characterization studies & DOEs to
develop new and/or improve existing assembly processes with
Manufacturing/Industrial Engineers. Support data trending and
implement statistical process controls for processes by selecting
parameters that impact product quality.
- May be assigned to action items related to NC or CAPA
- Experienced in problem solving techniques involving Lean/Six
Sigma statistical tools such as Minitab
- Experienced in using Lean Management Tools: Kaizen, 6S,
- Supports and as required, participates in Quality System
audits. Serves as information resource for Production and
Minimum Required Skills And Knowledge
- Prior medical device experience preferred i.e. Experience
working with and understanding Quality System requirements in the
medical device industry, such as GMP, 21CFR820, ISO 13485:2016, EU
- Experience Level with Business Tools: Proficient in utilizing
business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP product
and productivity software desired.
Typical Education And Experience
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience) and/or 2-5 years of
related experience or Masters Degree with no or little
- Serve as a mentor to others.
- Effective interpersonal skills Work with peers throughout the
organization and be effective in engaging resources. Ability to
leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work with geographically diverse and international
- Multitasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as
attention to detail.
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the
U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S.
employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally
required and approved accommodations .
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision
takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day.
That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and
intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror
of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come
from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.
Privacy Statementby Jobble
Keywords: Varian, Palo Alto , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!