Developer Experience Engineer
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At Aklivity we are building a universal API layer for streaming
by way of our event-driven API Gateway "Zilla". We are focused on
developer success, bottom-up adoption, and open source.Zilla
provides a unified, external interface to event-driven services and
data. Zilla natively supports a range of network and messaging
protocols, including Kafka. This enables it to expose event-streams
to clients over their APIs of choice. Non-Kafka apps can now
publish and subscribe to Kafka topics without the need for
intermediary brokers, services and even Kafka Connect.With Zilla,
developers are empowered to extend event-driven architectures to
the edge. Streaming data to mobile/web apps for immersive end-user
experiences becomes simpler; ingesting IoT readings at scale
becomes more cost-effective; providing external partners with
secure access to internal event-streams becomes possible.
Developers are also able to seamlessly interface batched services
to event-streams, and bridge request-response and messaging
deployments like never before.The Aklivity team previously
pioneered WebSocket, creating an enterprise-ready solution that
still powers real-time applications across the Fortune 500 to this
day. Aklivity launched in July 2021 and is backed by prominent
Silicon Valley venture capital funds and leading industry
- Contribute to Zilla's adoption and growth.
- Create engaging and highly technical content (tutorials, blog
posts, code examples, etc.)
- Collaborate with engineering teams to discuss the technologies
and workflows, and create top-notch documentation.
- Work with customers, product, support, and engineering to
determine the best set of features to support and the best ways to
- Speak at online and offline events.Requirements
- Previous software engineering experience (preferably
full-stack) or 5+ years of developer advocacy.
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into clear,
comprehensive, developer-focused documentation.
- Meticulous project management skills, ability to collaborate in
remote environments, high bar for quality of output.
- Experience diving into large, unknown domains and being able to
incrementally drive projects to success.
- A collaborative, innovative, and solution-oriented
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technical
Communications, or related experience.Kindly Highlight (if
- Experience working with Apache Kafka - (event streaming),
databases, or distributed systems.
- Experience with API management.
- Technical writing experience.Working at Aklivity:
https://www.aklivity.io/careersLet's shape the future of API
Keywords: Aklivity, Palo Alto , Developer Experience Engineer, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!