Senior Security Engineer
Company: Guardant Health
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on
helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary
blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant
Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial
adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare
costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant
Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 -, Guardant360
CDx and GuardantOMNI - tests for advanced stage cancer patients.
These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to
address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant
and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with
surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer
screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer
with early detection.
The Senior Security Engineer, reporting to the Manager of Security
Engineering, will be responsible for building, managing and
operating security tools and services. You will collaborate with
products, engineering, IT, threat and vulnerability and security
architecture teams to develop, integrate and/or adopt existing or
new security technologies in order to reduce or eliminate risks
before they become security incidents.
- Design, build, and deploy new and existing security
- Build, implement, and test automation for operational
- Integrate security tools with other security services.
- Develop documentation and runbooks for security tools.
- Design and build security metric-focused dashboards and
- Mentor and share security best practices with other parts of
- Serve as SME on all topics related to security operations and
- Remain current with trends, technologies, security threats, and
health care technologies.
- 10+ years of experience in security engineering and/or
- Programming experience using languages such as Python, Go,
Ruby, Java, etc.
- Experience securing cloud infrastructures (e.g., AWS, Azure,
- Experience securing IT infrastructure (Linux, Windows,
- Experience building and managing security tools (e.g., SIEM,
DLP, EDR, WAF, SSO, certificate & key management, identity & access
- Emphasis on DevSecOps mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical
- Preferred security certification (e.g., CISSP, GIAC, CCSP,
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health
will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a)
establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or
(b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant's
COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as
consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second
dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose
vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency
use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition,
fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their
fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if
applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use
office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a
desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high
noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory
environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a
position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review
our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at:
Keywords: Guardant Health, Palo Alto , Senior Security Engineer, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!