Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Perception
Company: Abs Data
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Job title: Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Perception
Company: Woven by Toyota
Job description: is the mobility technology subsidiary of Toyota
Motor Corporation. Our mission is to deliver safe, intelligent,
human-centered mobility for all. Through our Arene mobility
software platform, safety-first automated driving technology and
Toyota Woven City - our test course for advanced mobility - we're
bringing greater freedom, safety and happiness to people and
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation
and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. We leverage these
complementary strengths to amplify the capabilities of drivers,
foster happiness, and elevate well-being.
At Woven by Toyota, we work on a diverse set of problems ranging
from solving optimization problems in 3D geometric computer vision,
to minimizing latency on hardware accelerators, designing novel
neural network architectures and applying and advancing the
state-of-the-art of machine learning (ML) for perception,
prediction, and motion planning. We are looking for doers and
creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for
everyone with self-driving technology. You will be interacting on a
daily basis with other software and hardware engineers and
researchers to tackle some of the most challenging problems in AI,
robotics, and computer vision.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
The Perception team is looking for an experienced Machine Learning
engineer to join us in developing a state-of-the-art perception
system for autonomous driving. As a Machine Learning engineer in
the Perception team you will be responsible to design and develop
new Machine Learning models for our online perception system and
deploy the model on our next-generation autonomous vehicle platform
and ultimately to millions of Toyota production vehicles.
We recognize the unique capabilities each team member brings, and
encourage applicants to reach out even if they do not match all of
the characteristics described below.
- Perception ML model R&D by prototyping, validating and
iterating on existing and new model architectures.
- Own development of new ML models end-to-end from data strategy,
initial development, optimization, production platform validation,
and fine tuning based on metrics and on road performance.
- Lead large, multi-person projects and significantly influence
the overall Perception architecture and technical
- Enable and help other engineers on the team to be more
effective through coaching and leading by example when it comes to
writing high-quality code, providing high-quality code and design
document reviews and delivering rigorous reports from ML
- Work in a high-velocity environment and employ agile
- Team player and "get things done" mentality
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in downstream customer
teams to define interfaces and requirements for the Perception
- Closely collaborate with Perception subteams to develop
- MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent in industry
- 5+ years of experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch,
- Extensive experience with machine learning and
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning workflows: data
sampling and curation, pre-processing, model training, ablation
studies, evaluation, deployment, inference optimization.
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Passionate about self driving car technology and its potential
- Experience in writing production level code in a real-time
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate concepts
clearly and precisely
- (Nice to Have) Hands-on experience with building a perception
stack for autonomous systems.
- (Nice to Have) Experience in runtime optimization for
runtime-critical systems on Linux and UNIX-like real-time operating
- (Nice to Have) Experience with CUDA or OpenCL
- (Nice to Have) Experience with automotive grade compute
- (Nice to Have) Experience with building safety-critical
161,000 - 264,500 a year
Your base salary is one part of your total compensation. At Woven
by Toyota, we offer a base salary, a bonus, and a comprehensive
benefits package. The California pay scale for this full time
position is $161,000 - 264,500. The total compensation offered to
an employee will be dependent upon the individual's skills,
experience, qualifications, location, and level.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to creating a modern work environment that
supports our employees and their loved ones. We offer many options
of the best programs to allow you to do your most meaningful work
and to help you shape the future of mobility.
---Excellent health, wellness, dental and vision coverage
---A rewarding 401k program
---Flexible vacation policy
---Family planning and care benefits
By submitting your application you agree to the following
---We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
---We pledge that any information we receive from you will be used
ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 22:42:25 GMT
#Staff #Machine #Learning #Engineer #Perception
Keywords: Abs Data, Palo Alto , Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Perception, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!