Vice President Product Leader CloudHealth
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Vice President Product Leader CloudHealth CloudHealth--by VMware
is the global market leader in cloud cost management and
optimization. It is the most trusted software platform used to
accelerate business transformation in the--cloud and is used by
customers and partners to manage costs, security, governance and
service automation in public and private clouds. Our customers are
among the largest consumers of public cloud infrastructure in
the--world and--depend on us every day to help manage the
complexity that comes with large scale adoption of the cloud.
Responsibilities-- The VP & Product Leader for CloudHealth will
report to Purnima Padmanabhan, SVP & GM of the Cloud Management
Business Unit and will lead a fast-growing direct team of
approximately 250+ people across--three--geographies. You will be
responsible for leading both engineering and product management and
executing a strategy to advance our market leading cloud management
platform. You will establish a culture of excellence in execution.
You will define realistic targets and achievements, establish a
high level of team participation and interaction, serve as an
inspiring leader, drive a culture of innovating on behalf of
customers, ensure that quality is a high priority at every stage,
and deliver continuous value to our customers. Key Responsibilities
- Oversee engineering and product management to execute a product
strategy that maintains and advances our market leadership position
in multi-cloud management.
- Partner with the field sales organization in order to continue
to grow and scale the business.
- Embed CloudHealth into VMware's sales cycles.
- Deliver on product roadmaps on-time and with high quality as
well increase speed of product innovation.
- Build strong partnerships with other business units given SaaS
oriented customer success focus of the business.
- Make organizational and process changes to eliminate any
friction impairing us from the continuous delivery of value for
our--customers and--maximize engineering productivity.--
- Build strong partnership with the marketing organization to
drive demand generation pipeline.
- Develop, lead, and inspire the team. Be a magnet for
engineering and product management talent and accelerate hiring.
Solidify succession plans and enhance management capabilities to
meet strategic and operating objectives.--
- Be a respected leader in the company. Establish a strong
collaborative culture with peers and other functions within VMware.
Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and
creativity. Be an effective spokesperson and champion for
the--CloudHealth product and engineering team.--
- Work closely and engage with VMware executives and direct
reports to establish an environment that is motivating and
entrepreneurial in nature. Required Qualifications--
- 15+ years of progressively broadening product and/or
engineering leadership experience from a company building
enterprise grade software products and SaaS services delivering
with high quality and operational readiness across a suite of
- Experience ideally working in large public cloud and/or SaaS
- Has inherent knowledge of development processes and best
practices to manage multiple projects consistently on time and on
- Ability to dive deep into technical details as and when
necessary, garnering the respect of the engineering and product
teams assisting in the correct technical choices if
- Consistent track record of success leading development and/or
poduct teams in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment where
management of complex product requirements is a critical driver of
- Specific experience transforming, organizing and/or
reorganizing an engineering function for growth into highly
competitive new markets and/or has been through an on-prem to SaaS
transformation allowing for strategic opportunities requiring short
product life cycles and flexible and adaptable product
- Validated leadership experience setting the vision and
building, leading, and motivating engineering and product teams.
Trained in software development organization and leadership from a
company well known and widely respected for world-class software
development processes and practices.--
- Demonstrates a "high organizational IQ".--
- Has successfully led technical teams of at least 100+.--
- Stays abreast of key competitor actions and their implications
or threats to the business.--
- Experienced managing geographically distributed teams.--
- Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market
position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations,
- Able to be assertive when necessary and hold people accountable
for achieving their goals.--
- Leads by example, creating a sense of energy, ownership, detail
orientation, collaboration and personal commitment to the
- Inspires others to stretch beyond what they thought they could
do. Education-- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field/degree.
Advanced degree strongly desired. VMware is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any
Kind:--VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex
(including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment
based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants
of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to
employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local
- Senior Product Manager/Leadership Advisor - VMware Pivotal Labs
Posted 30+ Days Ago - USA-DC-Washington-Eye, More...
Keywords: VMware, Palo Alto , Vice President Product Leader CloudHealth, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!