Director of Data - (Biological Data/Genomics)
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Title: Director of Data - (Biological Data/Genomics)
Job Location: Redwood City
Compensation: 225 - 300k + bonus + equity
Requirements: AWS, GCP, or Azure, Mathematics, data provenance,
data governance, data catalogs, data versioning, schema evolution,
biological datasets with a focus on genomics, modern post-airflow
and post-spark ETL technologies
If you are experienced with big data and biology/medicine, please
Based out of Redwood City, our focus is to generate insights on
infectious diseases utilizing the power of Artificial Intelligence!
Our software was born in Stanford and we are scaling the solution
with the latest technologies. We are seeking a talented leader that
is research-oriented and has deep experience with clinical
If you are interested in joining our mission, to utilizing modern
tech to advance the treatment of infectious diseases and ultimately
help SAVE LIVES, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing
- Formulate the core biological data science strategies
surrounding our core data assets, and drive road mapping,
execution, and delivery of data pipelines.
- Design and implement systematic approaches to review, clean,
analyze and integrate large and complex external datasets of value
to our analytical pipeline and downstream interpretation of
- Work closely with the product, engineering, medical, and
scientific teams, to set our company's goals, and partner in the
development of our next products.
- Employ methods to ensure clinical data integrity and quality
throughout the data lifecycle, ensuring appropriate blinding and
- Keep current data opportunities and standards up to date.
- Lead, hire and mentor
What You Need for this Position
7+ years of experience with data and at least 2 -3 years in a
leadership type role
Knowledge Of Most Of The Following
- 2+ years of experience with one of the major cloud platforms:
AWS, GCP or Azure
- 3+ years of implementing big data, ETL, ELT, Data Warehouse,
Data lake, Data mesh etc.
- Biology or Medicine industry experience
- Research institution experience
- Ph.D preferred, but at least a Masters in CS, EE, Math, Stats
What's In It for You
- Excellent Medical Package (Covers employee and family)
- Competitive Compensation (200 - 300k base + bonus +
- Fully remote Currently (Hybrid schedule planned for
So, if you have solid experience implementing big data platforms
for Biology or Medicine, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and
going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to
apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You
must keep the JobID: linkedin : NS3- -- in the email subject line
for your application to be considered.***
Nick Savard - Executive Recruiter - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CyberCoders, Palo Alto , Director of Data - (Biological Data/Genomics), Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!