Director of Product Management, Payments
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director of Product Management, Payments Poynt gives merchants
superpowers. Founded in 2013 by our CEO, Osama Bedier, former head
of Google Wallet, We're out to disrupt the existing broken commerce
infrastructure with secure and intuitive payment technology. By
bringing developers, distributors, and merchants all together on an
open platform we're seeding a flourishing app marketplace, all
running on top of a smart, all-in-one Android device. We've raised
over $100m as of 2019. Our partnerships include some of the world's
largest merchants, developers, banks, and resellers. About the role
Poynt's Product Management organization is looking for a Director
of Product Management, Payments to help us build the next
generation of our out-of-the-box, fully integrated omni-commerce
payments platform, products, and services. In this role, you
- Bring to bear your deep payments expertise to collaborate
closely with senior leaders across the organization to guide your
product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Work closely with our customers and partners to understand what
they need, collaborate with Engineering, Design, Risk, Finance,
Operations, and Legal to build compelling products and services,
and partner with Marketing, Sales, Account Management, and Customer
Success to launch and scale them.
- Build, coach, and mentor a team of exceptional product managers
who will be responsible for driving product initiatives from
inception through launch and beyond.
- Use data regularly and systematically to uncover opportunities,
define OKRs for your organization that align with the broader
business's OKRs, and track KPIs and optimize key levers to maximize
the return on investment in your portfolio of products and
- Work closely with Engineering, Design, and rest of Product
Management to build the culture, structure, and processes that will
help produce cutting-edge products and services of the highest
quality, quickly and at scale.
- Be an amplifier across the organization - listening to and
engaging with stakeholders at all levels, cross-pollinating
thoughts and ideas and inspiring those around you with your product
vision and strong sense of empathy for our customers. You might be
a good fit if you have:--
- 10 or more years of total work experience, 5 or more years of
product management experience, and 3 or more years of demonstrated
experience in successfully building and shipping customer and/or
developer facing payments products and services at meaningful
- 2 or more years of experience leading a team of product
- Strong business aptitude - be comfortable defining strategy,
identifying and modeling business opportunities, and crafting and
executing on go-to-market plans.
- Strong engineering aptitude - be effective at using your
technical depth and the voice of the customer to partner with and
earn trust of a world-class Engineering organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or equivalent practical
experience. You might be a great fit if you have:
- Experience working at both mature organizations and fast
- Managed P&Ls.
- Advanced degree in a STEM field and/or MBA. Are you legally
eligible to work in the U.S.? --*
-- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at Poynt? --*
Keywords: Poynt, Palo Alto , Director of Product Management, Payments, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!