Company: Adecco (Spain)
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Blossom is always on the lookout for qualified individuals to
support and enhance the wide range of offerings to our
Blossom Birth and Family is a-- non-profit with a to connect new
and expectant families with services, resources and support for a
healthy, informed and confident pregnancy and parenting
Since 1999, Blossom has been working to meet the ever-changing
needs of women and their families during preconception, pregnancy,
birth, and early parenting. We offer a comprehensive range of
resources and services including fitness, childbirth preparation,
parent education classes, and early parenting support groups. We
also offer an online provider network and provide professional
development for birth workers such as birth and postpartum
Listed below are our current openings, however we welcome resumes
and class ideas on an on-going basis.-- Staff Positions
- Executive Director
- Front Desk Attendant
- Members ---Board of Directors-- Staff Positions Executive
Director We are seeking an Executive Director with a passion for
Blossom's mission to lead the organization into its next phase of
growth. During these changing times, Blossom needs to evolve many
traditional offerings to outdoors and online formats and experiment
with new programming to best serve our community. We also hope to
diversify and broaden our clientele to include those who do not
typically have access to the services that Blossom provides.--
This is an exciting opportunity to drive the growth of a non-profit
organization while leading an amazing group of people dedicated to
helping families in the community. The ideal candidate should have
a strong enthusiasm for Blossom's work, can think strategically,
and is also a creative problem solver.
Executive Director Duties and Responsibilities
Vision and Leadership:--
- Drive B lossom's mission and evolve it to meet the shifting
needs of the community
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of Blossom's
Fundraising and Marketing
- Set fundraising goals, develop and execute against an annual
fundraising plan that includes foundation grants, corporate
donations, and individual giving programs
- Lead a team in expanding Blossom's visibility and reputation in
order to attract new clients and donors
Programs and Operations
- Set goals, develop, and execute against an annual operating
- Develop new program offerings and creative ways to deliver
these programs (virtual and in person)
Finance and Accounting
- Oversee the fiscal management of the organization
- Provide and present to the Board a clear view on the financial
health of the organization
- Facilitate board operations, including preparation of monthly
updates and the bi-annual retreat agendas and presentations
- Present recommendations and execution plans to the Board to
address business issues
An ideal candidate should have the following qualifications.
However, we are open to candidates who can demonstrate a strong
desire to learn if they do not meet all of the below:
- A passion for Blossom's mission
- A driven and self-motivated leader, eager to engage and expand
the Blossom community and comfortable with a high-visibility
- Experience managing teams and previous exposure to marketing,
fundraising, financial management and/or operations
- Experience with planning and project management and
collaborative decision making
This position reports to the Board of Directors and is considered
an exempt position under the applicable state and federal laws.
This is a full-time position with flexible hours. The Executive
Director must be able to participate in monthly evening board
meetings and occasionally work on weekends to support events and
attend the bi-annual board retreats.
Location: The Executive Director should be based in the Bay Area,
CA, with the ability to work from our office in Palo Alto
regularly, once shelter-in-place orders are lifted.--
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org . ---Requirements:
- Minimum one-year commitment.
- Knowledge of retail sales or willingness to learn.
- Strong sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize.
- Works effectively with a team as well as independently.
- Familiarity with Blossom's classes and key offerings. Must
possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use
standard office equipment, including a computer, and strength to
lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds; vision is
required to read printed materials and a computer screen; and
hearing and speech are required to communicate in person and over
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet and assist clients in-person and on the phone at
- Accurately check in classes, manage class payments and mat
sales & rentals, complete and file new client paperwork.
- Provide outstanding sales and customer service.
- Update and maintain accurate client and class/group records in
Blossom registration software/database.
- Handle sales of gift certificates and resale/retail items.
- Coordinate daily opening/closing tasks with ED/AD and other
- Assist in maintaining center functional integrity (maintaining
a safe, comfortable, and positive environment).
- Maintain a clean and organized center/studio through regular
tasks and chores, store is to be kept straightened and stocked at
all times, studio clean, yoga mats/props cleaned and stored
properly. Qualifications and Skills
- Of primary importance, the ideal candidate will be warm,
caring, and have the ability to be compassionate, supportive.
- Highly dependable and consistent in schedule, task commitments,
and meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional organization and follow-through skills with
attention to detail and quality.
- Self-directed, with strong time-management and prioritization
- Ability to represent Blossom in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- High level of comfort working in a small business environment -
the ability to adapt quickly and problem-solve independently, as
well as to reach out to others for solutions, as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and patience - ability to work
with a variety of personalities.
- A passion for helping others, nurturing sensibility, and a want
to be understanding.
- An interest in pregnancy, birth, and early parenting - related
professional training or experience in this field is a plus.
- High degree of comfort and skill with computers - experience
with Mac is ideal.
- Working in a growing small business like Blossom utilizes many
sets of skills, involves structure and flexibility, and offers an
immense sense of reward in the knowledge of what we provide for
families. This role will be best appreciated by individuals who
want to take ownership of their work, to feel a part of something
special, and who seek work with responsibility and meaning.
Fringe benefits not included at the moment. Potential for growth
and benefits in the future.
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour Volunteer Positions Members - Board
of Directors Board of Directors Responsibilities--
The Board supports the work of Blossom and provides mission-based
leadership and strategic governance, while executing its legal and
fiduciary duties. The role of the Board includes:
- selecting and evaluating the performance of the Executive
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the organization's programs and
- enhancing the organization's public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of the
organization Board Member Responsibilities
While day-to-day operations are led by Blossom's Executive Director
(ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the
appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific leadership, governance and oversight responsibilities of
an individual Board Member include:
- Knowing the organization's mission, policies, programs, and
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as they develop and
implement Blossom's strategic plan--
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Blossom for
evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and
effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting
materials prior to board and committee meetings--
- Approving Blossom's annual budget, audit reports, and material
business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all legal and
fiduciary responsibilities, including faithfully reading and
understanding the organization's financial statements
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the
- Assisting the ED and board chair in identifying and recruiting
other Board Members--
- Serving as an active advocate and ambassador for the
organization and fully engaging in identifying and securing the
financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization
to advance its mission
- Leveraging connections, networks, and resources to fully help
achieve the organization's mission and to benefit the
organization's fundraising and reputational standing
- Serving on at least one committee or task force and taking on
- Ensuring Blossom's commitment to a diverse board and staff that
reflects the community Blossom serves
- Blossom Board Members will consider Blossom a philanthropic
priority and make an annual gift that reflects that priority. So
that Blossom can credibly solicit contributions from foundations,
organizations, and individuals, Blossom expects to have 100 percent
of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate
with their capacity or to secure that amount through philanthropic
solicitation (give or get).
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in
maternal, pediatric or mental health, non-profit management,
fundraising, financial planning and analysis, management and
governance, human resources, and/or community development--
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating
relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building
consensus among diverse individuals--
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for
supporting expecting parents and growing families
- An entrepreneurial, self-starting mentality
Two-year term commitment with an option to extend for a maximum of
Attendance at monthly Board meetings (typically held in the
Attendance at two semi-annual Board retreats (-4-6 hours on a
Additional 4 hours/month minimum of volunteering (including
Participation in the organization's fundraising efforts as
Board Member applicants should be based in the Bay Area, CA. To
apply, please complete and submit a cover letter and resume to
email@example.com . Applications are accepted on a
rolling basis. Our next review is on November 30th so please submit
your application by this date.-- Interns Blossom Birth Services is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.-- Office Hours Mon - Fri: 10am-
Sat: 9am- 12:30pm
and by appointment DISCLAIMER. Photo credit:-- Images by Rosalinda
,-- Lilia Faith Schwartz, Photographer ,-- Devin Begley , and
Christy Scherrer, bellymotherbaby
Blossom is not a Medical Provider and Does not Provide Medical
Services . It is understood by all persons who use Blossom's
services that: (a) Blossom is not a medical provider and does not
render medical or other health care services or treatments to any
and all persons who use Blossom's services and Blossom's services
are not intended to or shall be interpreted as imposing, any duty
or obligation to provide such health care services; (b) Blossom is
not in any way responsible for the health care that is delivered by
a health care provider to any and all persons who use Blossom's
services; (c) health care providers are solely responsible for the
health care they deliver to any and all persons using Blossom's
services; and (d) health care providers are not Blossom's agents or
Keywords: Adecco (Spain), Palo Alto , Executive Director, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!