Technical Program Manager - Body Shop
Company: Rivian Automotive
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Rivian -is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract. - As a
company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never simply
accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek
new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown.
Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the
outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. - We
operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois. Role Summary As one
of our Technical Program Managers, you will oversee - Manufacturing
Engineering - projects from concept through launch, including
conceptualization, design, procurement, installation,
commissioning, and turnover to - Operations . This role will focus
on the development of - Rivian' s core - factory - equipment and
processes -in the Battery Pack and Module areas.
- Work with the cross-functional team to build a comprehensive
plan for each project, highlighting the critical path. Track actual
progress against the plan. Plan covers all aspects - scope, cost,
- Highlight and -actively -troubleshoot risks or misses against
- Build and improve project execution tools and processes.
- Distill organizational goals into strategic roadmaps and -
break down -into program plans.
- Actively cultivate Rivian company culture within the
Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Help fill organizational gaps to keep the critical path on
track. - Examples - include :
- Analyzing d ata to inform a prioritization or - problem-solving
- Managing - equipment suppliers -or -install ation -
- Facilitating tactical stand-ups or - problem-solving
- Understand ing - technical decisions and draw ing - connections
between groups Qualifications
- 3 + -years designing and launching equipment - and process -
into manufacturing environments.
- 2+ years - in a project manager role facilitating a
cross-functional team -to deliver projects.
- Prior e xperience - with - lithium based -energy storage
systems - a plus.
- Familiarity with a standard product development process -and
common tools - such as - D /P FMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP , etc.
- Experience managing - 3 rd -party resources -such as
contractors, skilled tradespeople, or suppliers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical -or -
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Rivian is committed to
ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with
disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those
covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires
accommodations to assist you in the search and application process,
please email us at -firstname.lastname@example.org .
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Palo Alto , Technical Program Manager - Body Shop, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!