Director, Workplace Strategy and Operations
Company: Rivian Automotive
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 8, 2022
TITLE: Director, Workplace Strategy and Operations ABOUT THE
ROLE: Rivian has three types of facilities: Manufacturing,
Commercial, and Workplace sites. The Workplace portfolio consists
of office and research and development labs facilities. This role
will be responsible leading the facilities operations team for all
Workplace facilities with the primary centers of gravity being:
Orange County (CA), Palo Alto (CA), Los Angeles (CA), Plymouth
(MI), Vancouver (BC), Woking (UK), Amsterdam (NL), and a few other
US satellite locations. THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Enthusiastically lead the Workplace team and Building
Maintenance team across the US, UK, Amsterdam, and Canada.
- Manage and maintain facilities site operations and maintenance
at all existing facilities.
- Maintain and continue to develop the 8 year facilities strategy
and financial plan.
- Responsible for how buildings are occupied and utilized; this
role will manage site level space planning, moves, adds, changes,
and forecasting demand.
- Develop programming and manage predicting needs and facilities
requirements for all future facilities and projects.
- Partners with the Real Estate team on all existing and future
transactions; this role will be jointly responsible for
understanding and abiding to the real estate agreements.
- Partner with other Facilities teams, Finance, and end users on
projects and programs from concept, through approval, through
planning and execution. This role will be jointly responsible for
the overall project success.
- Partner with Design, Building Infrastructure Design,
Construction, EHS, IT and other stakeholders in developing and
executing development project plans.
- Responsible for financial opex and capex budget forecasting,
reporting, and ongoing management for the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain site KPI metrics for all site
- Build and sustain strong relationships with end users and site
occupants at each facility.
- Collaborate with the People team, IT, Security, EHS,
Purchasing, and many other stakeholders to ensure smooth site
operations within the portfolio.
- Lead with a sustainability mindset.
- Partner with facility program teams, such as Culinary,
Transportation, and Hospitality to ensure programs and offerings
are meeting site need and operating efficiently.
- Lead with passion to create a fantastic employee work
experience. This role is responsible for identifying and crafting
business plans for continuous improvements to our facility and
workplace services. THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in facilities management, building
maintenance, and workplace services
- Project management experience required and ability to read
- An ability to see the big picture, while also incorporating all
- An excellent collaborator, communicater, organizer and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Bluebeam Revu,
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident,
energetic, and flexible
- Ability to be flexible and change practices that are not
accomplishing needed results -
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Palo Alto , Director, Workplace Strategy and Operations, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!