Director, SOX Compliance
Company: Rivian Automotive
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Rivian -is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract. - As a
company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never simply
accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek
new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown.
Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the
outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. -
Rivian is seeking a Director, SOX Compliance to join our growing
team. The role will enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and
scalability of Rivian's processes, systems, and underlying internal
control environment, whether through the SOX compliance efforts or
by conducting special projects. The cross-functional role will
closely partner with Legal, Finance, Engineering & Security
business leaders, as well as internal & external auditors to unify
SOX Compliance across the organization. The role reports directly
to the Chief Accounting Officer. Responsibilities:
- Manage the Company's SOX compliance program and act as a
central point of contact and subject matter expert to ensure
appropriate internal controls (manual and system) over financial
reporting are properly designed and implemented.
- Responsible for on-going project management of the SOX program,
including the use of co-sourced providers to optimize engagement
economics and quality.
- Integrate newly acquired businesses under the Corporate SOX
program, provide SOX training and roll-out compliance requirements
to new subsidiaries (both domestically and internationally).
- Coordinate efforts between Internal Audit, Eternal Audit, and
business process owners, including alignment on SOX planning,
walkthroughs/testing, audit requests, and deficiency
- Leverage technology to drive improvements in both the
efficiency and effectiveness of the Company's SOX program.
- Drive SOX scoping and risk assessment by collaborating with
cross-functional teams, including accounting, engineering, and
others, within the Company to stay up to date on significant
changes that may have an impact on the design and/or operating
effectiveness of controls.
- Partners with IT and business process owners on internal
control considerations for system implementations impacting
- Identify and evaluate control deficiencies.
- Facilitate the remediation of identified control deficiencies,
including working with business process owners on both immediate
and long-term solutions.
- Deliver timely and concise communication including developing
and producing management reporting illustrating SOX status, trends,
and remediation of deficiencies.
- Prepare periodic SOX compliance presentations for Executive
Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Educate business process owners by leading training sessions to
demonstrate compliance requirements and share hot topics in SOX
compliance. Experience -& Skills:
- 12+ years of experience required, with Big 4, SOX consulting
and/or Internal Audit experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment strongly
- Direct experience with PCAOB standards, SOX requirements, and
COSO Framework required. Specifically, ideal candidate must
demonstrate a firm grasp of financial reporting and SOX
requirements and methodologies (risk assessment, controls design,
testing strategies, etc.)
- Knowledge of process flow mapping, design and documentation of
business process and general information technology controls,
controls testing, evaluation of control deficiencies, and
remediation plans required
- Top-level critical thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to critically think through complex problems, determine
proper processes, and derive conclusions to present results to the
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in
a fast-paced environment Ability to be a team player and work well
in a remote and distributed work environment Rivian is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal,
state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information or characteristics, physical or mental disability,
marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status,
medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
-email@example.com . Please note that we are currently not
accepting applications from third party application services.
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Palo Alto , Director, SOX Compliance, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!