Senior Engineering Manager, UI - VCDR
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Business---SummaryVMware's Cloud-based Disaster Recovery (VCDR)
offers an easy-to-use SaaS solution to provide DR capability for
vSphere-based Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC). VCDR is
architected to work well with other VMware Cloud solutions, such as
VMware Cloud on AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. As
a part of this team, you'll have the opportunity to work with other
world class innovators and deliver a highly scalable, enterprise
class, easy-to-use Data Protection Solution as a SaaS offering
across multiple cloud providers. Do you see yourself at VMware
doing innovative and impactful work that will shift you into the
next steps of your career? Then come join the VCDR Team in VMware.
As a member of the team, you'll create innovative solutions and
solve complex problems. You will take ownership of meaningful,
big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become
immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative
culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You will
interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world-class
campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career
development events.Insights into your RoleThe VMware Cloud Disaster
Recovery (VCDR) management team is responsible for building and
extending the management plane for our disaster recovery SaaS
service. The team consist of some of the best engineers in the
Silicon Valley and we work on next generation technology for
disaster recovery. VCDR is an exciting new area of investment of
VMware, and we are looking to grow our already exceptional product
and team. We are hiring individuals who can contribute their
passion for technology and can bring new ideas to innovate.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers in delivering key SaaS
- Drive successful execution of projects by managing schedules,
resources, dependencies and risks.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams on the delivery of new
features and maintaining released products.
- Navigate career development and growth of your team
- Be a hands-on technical advisor to the team, leading teams to
build and test modern, scalable, performant, and secure service in
line with development.
- Recruit and retain top talent engineers.
- Evaluate performance of the engineers and provide regular
- Introduce and sustain development processes aimed at high
quality and efficiency. Requirements
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 9+ years of computer software industry experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing teams and proven leadership
- Proven ability to execute, meet deadlines and ensure high
- Experience in project management and product development.
- Deep understanding of building full stack web
- Deep understanding of browser technologies and web
- Strong foundational knowledge in data structures and
- Rich development experience with modern web frameworks and
- Strong software development background and understanding of the
whole Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent people management skills - communication, teamwork,
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details.
- Thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment Strong Plus
- Experience in DR, backup and data management.
- Experience with agile software development techniques and
processes.#teamvcdrJoinCloudStorage referrral campaign
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO)
that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based
employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based
VMware employees will be required to have their final vaccination
dose (e.g., second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or single dose of
J&J) by January 4, 2022. Specifically, this means that all U.S.
based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January
18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that
date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has
the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We
look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make
technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and
security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation
for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are
transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of
what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion,
integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of
Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex
(including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment
based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants
of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to
employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local
Keywords: VMware, Palo Alto , Senior Engineering Manager, UI - VCDR, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!