Director of Engineering - Immersive Media
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About the job:We are inviting an innovative and motivated
engineering director to lead the immersive media group at Tencent
Media Lab. The director of the immersive media group will lead the
team to transform cutting-edge immersive media technologies into
products and be responsible for the success of product delivery.
Ideal candidates must have solid technical background in multimedia
data compression & communication systems, immersive media such as
VR, Light-field, Point Cloud, etc. as well as excellent
communication skills. Successful candidates must also be keen on
driving business results, have experience in agile project
management, and strong willingness to collaborate in less defined
environment for overall optimized business objectives.Minimum
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in engineering management and technical
- Experience transforming technical innovation to product and
- Experience designing, building, and sustaining multimedia
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and related
- Experience driving technical programs involving
cross-functional and cross-organizational collaborations.
- Experience agile project and team management.
- Ability to propose innovative solutions/ideas.
- Ability to foster a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communication skills.Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow the immersive media group.
- Develop immersive media technology roadmap followed by
- Establish and maintain cross-functional partnership, drive
cross-functional collaborations to meet business objectives.
- Oversee system and architecture design and immersive
QoS/QoE.About Tencent Media Lab:Tencent Media Lab is committed to
research and development of emerging multimedia technologies that
can be used for both existing and envisaged applications. Some of
the Lab's notable work focuses on advanced compression of audio,
video and volumetric media content; media network transmission and
real-time communication; processing, analysis, understanding and
quality assessment of multimedia content based on signal processing
and deep learning; and system design of end-to-end solutions for
immersive media (XR, volumetric, and holographic). In addition, the
Lab contributes to the development of international technology
standards in fields such as multimedia data compression, network
transmission protocols, multimedia systems, as well as open-source
Keywords: Tencent, Palo Alto , Director of Engineering - Immersive Media, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!