Market Intelligence Business Development Manager - Battery Cell & Pack
Company: Rivian Automotive
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Join a world class team developing battery value chain market
intelligence and business for Rivian! This role is critical for
Rivian to bridge all current gaps between cell and pack, between
battery and system, between economics feasibility and manufacturing
feasibility, and between battery design and different market
applications' specific demand needs. Lead Rivian's strategy
development, market research, and business development in EV, EV
charging, EV propulsion (cell + pack + platform), or any EV-related
new solution, such as intelligent mobility and battery swapping
markets. Generate the future EV and battery demand picture for not
only driving Rivian's investment decision in various EV-related
value chains but supporting each region's EV policy establishment.
In particular, a detailed study on the future EV and battery
market's competitive landscape and technology by OEM, drivetrain,
by battery roadmap will enlighten Rivian's future EV and battery
engineering development and several winning strategies, such as
platform evolution, battery vendor selection, R&D joint force,
JV, M&A, new business organization development to meet Rivian's
aggressive market share expansion goals in each addressable EV
related market, in each geographic region.
- Collect market intelligence, research, and model battery pack
and system's architecture including hardware and software (BMS,
EMS). Analyze current trends in the industry focusing on
electrochemistry, cell form factors, and pack e-platform's roadmap
from technical feasibility and economic perspectives. Analyze
architecture design to meet the current and future generation of
the voice of the customer.
- Build the battery cell supply/demand database for each
- Work to better understand the investment decision on R&D,
manufacturing, and partnership toward Rivian's core battery
- Research economic intelligence (CAPEX, OPEX) for different
battery cell and pack manufacturing infrastructures - equipment vs.
- Generate Energy Storage's go-to-market strategy and technology
readiness for penetrating each application's market and
designing/repurposing batteries, this role will research market
applications, players along the value chain, economics, and
- Create and maintain a critical database on battery cells,
battery packs, and system integration players. In this database,
Due Diligence on each producer's technology roadmap, IP situation,
company's control structure, market share position, upstream supply
chain integration, downstream customers portfolio, financial
strength, and fixed assets (PP&E).
- Track the market share and supply chain relationship on a
real-time basis, this role will collect the actual shipment data
using the import/export Customs statistics, then quantify the
relationship on "battery cell - end use applications" supply
- Design, query, analyze and visualize all collected market data
into BI databases and dashboards.
- Analyze different battery test data in the market database and
- Develop business relations and collect market intelligence with
battery cell, battery pack, and system integration OEMs and traders
to support our cell engineering functional needs.
- Address any supply/demand balance issues and propose to
debottleneck solutions along the "battery cell - pack - system"
- Develop supply strategy and roadmap along the "battery cell -
pack - system" value chain.
- Identify the business opportunity along the "battery cell -
pack - system" value chain based on a "synergy" between market
intelligence and technology know-how, the team with our
engineering's each functional lead to create business cases and
execute our budgeted plans to achieve those business case's
- Build financial models to address economics for created
- Drive a cross-functional team to execute a business case for
winning Rivian's market position in the "battery cell - pack -
system" value chain.
- Analyze, and collect market intelligence on battery's "adjacent
- Analyze, and collect market intelligence on any market that
could form a supply/demand bottleneck issue like in battery or
battery material's scenario.
- Bachelor's degree is required and Master's degree
- Must have experience working on the battery cell or
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics and market
- 2+years of experience in business development
- 2+years of experience in the battery consulting
- Battery design or manufacturing experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented: ability to become a subject matter expert to
make informed decisions
- Demonstrates execution, problem-solving, and
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands
and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Palo Alto , Market Intelligence Business Development Manager - Battery Cell & Pack, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!