Associate Director, Operations
Company: Stanford University
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Stanfords Graduate School of Business (GSB) has built a global
reputation based on its immersive and innovative management
programs. We provide students with a transformative leadership
experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty
research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and
non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We
are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in
service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and
insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and
change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission. The
Teaching and Learning Hub (TLH) at the Graduate School of Business
(GSB) supports faculty instructional needs with the vision of
building and maintaining the GSB's reputation as a world-class
institution for student learning. Our offerings include pedagogy
design and consultation, educational technology development and
integration, graphic design, video production, case studies
writing, course logistics, and more. In this role, you will
facilitate the smooth operation of Teaching and Learning Hub
departmental processes, drive the execution of operational and
strategic planning, and bridge gaps as they arise. This is a
generalist role, requiring judgment, strategic thinking,
flexibility, versatility, and the ability to lead
- Proactively develop, run, evaluate, and optimize team
- Manage, evaluate, and report on department-level initiatives,
operations, and programs.
- Synthesize large amounts of information and proactively offer
and execute solutions.
- Support high priority projects and programs as needed. You will
report to the Assistant Dean and Director, Teaching and Learning
Hub, and play a critical role within the leadership team. This is a
senior and trusted role, requiring excellent organization and
attention to detail, as well as business understanding and
strategic thinking. Proactive generalists with great communication
and people skills are encouraged to apply! Please Note: This
position requires regular, on-site work at the Stanford GSB campus,
but a full-time on-campus presence is not required. Your primary
- Lead the planning and operations for programs or functions that
have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges
requiring subject matter expertise.
- Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures.
Identify issues and develop alternative solutions which may include
changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations
to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.
- Represent the program or function within the department, unit
or school by committing resources and providing information and/or
training. Represent the program or function at the university level
and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategies
that may include relationship development, communications and
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including
monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Assess training and onboarding needs and may develop associated
- Direct and supervise staff. To be successful in this position,
you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or
combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting
priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal
channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis,
initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication
- Strong relevant subject-matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others. In addition, preferred
- Enthusiasm for the multi-faceted nature of a role similar to a
"chief of staff" role.
- A blend of creativity, positivity, independence, critical
thinking, and resourcefulness, with a track record of rolling up
your sleeves to get stuff done.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- An MBA or other advanced degree.
- Tact and sensitivity to work across a large and complex
organization, interfacing with multiple stakeholders, including
- Understanding change management, particularly in a university
or government context. The expected pay range for this position is
$73,000 - $150,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay
ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university
reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a
selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but
not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the
qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget
availability, internal equity, geographic location and external
market pay for comparable jobs. At Stanford University, base pay
represents only one aspect of the comprehensive rewards package.
The Cardinal at Work website (
https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/benefits-rewards ) provides
detailed information on Stanford's extensive range of benefits and
rewards offered to employees. Specifics about the rewards package
for this position may be discussed during the hiring process. *The
job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with
disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or hiring process should contact
Stanford University Human Resources at email@example.com .
For all other inquiries, please submit a contact form .
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. Why Stanford is for You Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come
from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a
collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous
improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence,
driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a
global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health
care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy,
including additional time off during our winter closure. Our
generous -perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow.Take advantage of career development programs,
tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film
screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global
- A caring culture.We understand the importance of your personal
and family time and provide you access to wellness programs,
child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care
and caregiving support.
- A healthier you.We make wellness a priority by providing access
to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or
participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun.Visit campusgardens, trails, and
- Enviable resources.We offer free commuter programs and
ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones,
recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!We pride ourselves in
being a -culture -that encourages and empowers you. How to Apply We
invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply for
Job" button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and
r--sum-- along with your online application.Graduate School of
Business, Stanford, California, United StatesGraduate School of
Business, Stanford, California, United StatesGraduate School of
Business, Stanford, California, United StatesWere always looking
for people who can bring new perspectives and life experiences to
our team. Found the perfect role and ready to apply? Learn more on
what to expect next. J-18808-Ljbffr
Keywords: Stanford University, Palo Alto , Associate Director, Operations, Executive , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!