Supervisor - Rehab Services (0.8 FTE, Days)
Company: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Clinical Services0.8 FTE, 8 Hour Day ShiftAt Stanford Children's
Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring.
That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough
discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our
caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art
facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's
Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on
our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one
child and family at a time.Supervises 24 hour, 7 day, inpatient
and/or outpatient, operational and clinical aspects of assigned
rehabilitation service. The supervisor is responsible for work
scheduling, staffing, hiring, orientation, competency training and
completion of performance evaluations. In conjunction with the
Manager, Quality Compliance Supervisor (QCS), or designated
individual, initiates, manages and monitors Quality Measures. In
collaboration with management and clinical leadership teams,
recommends, designs and implements rehab services program
development. Works with the clinical education team, to assess the
Department's staff educational needs and directs staff
developmental goals. Identifies operational concerns and in
conjuction with the manager institutes measures to provide an
effieicent, effective and safe environment.Essential Functions
- Assists in developing and implementing performance improvement
initiatives, maintaining department policies and procedures, and
quality monitoring in conjunction with Quality Compliance
Supervisor. Participates in Performance and Quality Improvement
projects or task forces when requested.
- Assists with oversight of student program in coordination with
Education Manager (EM). Works with the Advanced Clinical
Specialists and Education Manager for the development and updates
of staff orientation and competency training materials.
- Assumes responsibilities for manager reporting/representing at
meetings, etc., in the manager's absence.
- Assures compliance with all policies and procedures of
Rehabilitation Services Department and SHC. Follows Corrective
Action policies as needed with area Manager.
- Maintains advanced clinical competency and provides direct
patient care in proportion to specific area needs.
- Monitors and evaluates machinery, equipment, systems and
supplies to ensure operational efficiency and reliability of
- Participates and works with the Rehab Manager on the capital
and fiscal budget processes.
- Participates as committee member for Rehab Services or the
Rehab department. Actively involved in continuing professional
development, such as serving in professional/community groups,
representing the Medical Center at external activities and
maintaining contact with professional organziations.
- Performs all human resource management responsibilities in
conjunction with the manager, such as conducting employee
performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, interviews, hiring
and termination of employees.
- Performs review of staff documentation to assure quality,
regulatory, and fiscal compliance. Ensures staff's ability to meet
all documentation requirements. Provides appropriate training as
needed. Assists in preparing staff and areas for regulatory review
and surveys TJC (The Joint Commission), DHS (Department of Health
- Supervises daily operations in assigned rehab area which may
include: staffing, patient scheduling, case management,
utilization/resource review, managing equipment and supplies,
identifying problems and effectively resolving issues. Keeps the
Manager apprised of daily operational issues.
- Works with staff to design appropriate work schedules for
subordinate employees and plans daily work assignments in order to
maintain adequate staffing to meet customer service needs. Works
with the Office Manager and administrative staff to optimize
efficient workflows for front office systems.Minimum
QualificationsAny combination of education and experience that
would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities
as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is
qualifying.Education: Requirement met by License/Certification
RequirementExperience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible
and directly related work experienceLicense/Certification: Current
American Heart Association (AHA) Certification for Basic Life
Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (For employees in job on or
prior to 2/28/10 must attain certification by 9-1-10. Anyone hired
after 2/28/10 must have a valid BLS to qualify for the job), Speech
and Language Pathology, or Occupational Therapy, or Physical
Therapy, or Audiology in the State of California required (Codes:
OTR, PT, SLP, AuD)Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to budget, make financial projections and write
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people,
- Ability to plan and conduct a program of rehabilitative
therapeutic activities specific to the population served.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop tactical plans and set
- Ability to provide appropriate care and progress treatment
based on professional standards of practice, and on the needs of
the specific individual, including age and developmental
considerations, cultural and psychosocial issues, precautions and
- Ability to solve technical and non-technical problems.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work
- Ability to utilize sound clinical reasoning to determine
appropriate patient interventions; demonstrates good safety
awareness, judgment and problem analysis and resolution.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, equipment and theory of the
practice of clinical specialty.Equal Opportunity EmployerLucile
Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and
is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of
its policies and practices, including the area of employment.
Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the
basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity,
religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs,
marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran
status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above.
People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups,
people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered
after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job
requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto , Supervisor - Rehab Services (0.8 FTE, Days), Healthcare , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!