Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 12, 2021
At PsiQuantum, we are on a mission to build the world's first
large-scale, commercially useful, 1 million-plus qubit quantum
computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum
architecture. We were founded in 2016 by the world's foremost
experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world
class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of
quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to
otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across
science, technology and business. With applications across climate,
healthcare, energy, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials
design and more, quantum computing will tackle some of the most
urgent practical challenges we face, as well as deliver entirely
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing,
from hardware design, manufacturing and packaging through to
quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We're a highly
integrated, collaborative team and love tackling problems than span
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of
quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it's possible
to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and
scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor
There's more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional
talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Job Summary:Quantum computing promises to solve many important
problems that could never be solved on any conventional computer.
At PsiQ we're building a general-purpose silicon photonic quantum
computer to tackle these very problems. We are looking for a lab
associate to join our lab support team as a test operator who will
work closely with engineering teams and others to support R&D
test operations, ensure the functionality of equipment, as well as
provide support to other parts of the company.
- Work from schematics, drawings, sketches, and verbal or written
instructions to set up, assemble, and validate test setups for
semiconductor, electrical, optical, and other tests.
- Follow test plans and standard operating procedures to execute
- Provide updated language for SOPs based on research,
experimentation, and lessons learned.
- Operate cryogenic test systems and support debug efforts and
maintenance for these systems including associated hardware.
- Be proactive at identifying test issues and troubleshooting
with minimal to no supervision to resolve issues quickly.
- Support lab, cleanroom operations, and maintenance
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, or
related technical field, or job experience equivalent of same.
- At least 1 year of related experience in a semiconductor,
optical, or R&D test position.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, and
take initiative to solve problems, and work independently.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, understand schematics,
manuals, and follow detailed test plans.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex mechanical components,
assemblies, optical, and electrical systems using basic trouble
- High dexterity working with small components using precision
tools and instruments.
- Proficiency with MS Office software and Windows/Windows and
other business applications.
- Physical agility and manual dexterity, specific knowledge of
safe material handling (able to lift 50lbs).
- Able to work from ladders, under tables, in cramped conditions,
to stoop, kneel, and otherwise move to install components.
- Willingness to "wear multiple hats", perform a wide range of
different tasks, utilize various tools to support engineering
R&D and operational efforts.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and
- Able to communicate through mechanical drawings and
- Strong basic math abilities.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience with vacuum or cryogenic systems.
- Hands on experience working with semiconductor probe
- Experience with fiber optics, lasers & optical assemblies.
- Experience with electrical soldering, PCB rework/debug.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, MATLAB, or
- General use of hand power tools.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants
and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical
or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment
Keywords: PsiQuantum, Palo Alto , Lab Associate, Healthcare , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!