Staff Nurse II - Intensive Care Unit *Sign On Bonus $20,000*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are looking for a Staff Nurse II for the Intensive Care Unit
at Queen of the Valley Medical Center. Location: Napa, CA Work
Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Nights Job
Summary: The Staff Nurse independently uses the nursing process to
safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of
patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of
care. Cancer Supportive Care Services, 879001: Working in the
Breast Center, the Staff Nurse independently uses the nursing
process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group
of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of
care. Essential Functions:
- CLINICAL PRACTICE: The practitioner is accountable to recognize
the health and quality of life needs of the patients, family, and
community, and to collaborate with them to achieve mutually agreed
upon goals. The practitioner utilizes his/her specialized skills
and scientific knowledge to design collaborative and integrated
care that binds together all resources in a goal oriented movement
toward health. Components of clinical practice are competence,
evidenced based practice/continuous quality improvement, advanced
practice nursing, and practice standards.
- Provides a safe environment specific to age and development of
- Standard of practice for all levels:
- Provides safe environment specific to age and development of
patient population served.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Identifies safety issues or hazards in the work environment and
communicates deficiencies appropriately.
- Has access to and administers and/or handles medications
according to this position's license or certification standards and
Medical Center policy.
- COLLABORATION: The process whereby the health care team plan
and practice together as colleagues working interdependently within
the boundaries of their scopes of practice using shared values and
mutual respect for each others' contribution to care for
individuals, their families and communities. Major elements include
non-hierarchal relationships and intra/inter professional
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
- Standard of nursing practice for all levels:
- Communicates patient condition/care changes to charge nurse,
supervisor, medical staff and other team members.
- Completes shift report and documentation in a timely
- Anticipates and is prepared to present information to patients
and families regarding plan of care.
- Responsible for accurate, complete, and individualized
documentation of patient assessment, goals, plan of care,
interventions and care provided, as well as patient's progress
toward discharge goals.
- Actively participates in organizational decision making groups
such as committees, counsels, or task forces.
- Recognizes and makes visible the contributions of peers.
- CULTURE AND CARING: The central theme of the SJHS practice
model is the caring relationship that exists between the
patient/family and nurse. Caring practices are activities that are
responsive to the uniqueness of the patient/family and that create
a compassionate and therapeutic environment. Holistic practice
addresses physical, emotional, spiritual, cognitive and
developmental needs of patients and families across the life span.
Care for the body, mind and spirit - from birth to final stage of
life - is a desired characteristic of professional practice.
Culture is a collection of traditions, beliefs, values and
behaviors that make up the context for how care is delivered.
Culture forms and develops over time. The desired culture supports
and values are:
- Innovative and improvement, openness, risk taking, integrity,
trust, and mutual respect.
- A nursing code of ethics, which is securely integrated into
- Interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Advancement of nursing practice.
- Reward and recognition for professional achievements.
- Promotes participation and supports community education
activities and events.
- Demonstrates behavior that supports a culture based on
innovation, openness, integrity, trust and mutual respect.
- Standards of Practice for all levels:
- Acknowledges the unique contributions of each individual.
- Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance,
processes, and service.
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement.
- Tries new approaches and takes appropriate risks.
- Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
- Strives to be open, flexible, supportive and adaptable to
- Seeks opportunities to facilitate change and encourages others
to do the same.
- Responds resourcefully to new demands and challenges.
- Maintains a constructive, positive outlook amidst change and
- Contributes positively to create and maintain a healing,
healthy work environment.
- Advocate for resources including fiscal and technology
resources to support unit and division goals.
- Seeks opportunities to participate in the evaluation of new
technology, information system, architectural or space designs to
support professional practice. Skills:
- Ability to utilize resources appropriately:
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all Joint
Commission, Title 22, Medical Center and departmental policies and
procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Identify, report, and seek to correct unsafe conditions or
- Demonstrate efficient use of time and resources working within
established budget parameters.
- Basic math and computer data entry skills.
- Current clinical skills of unit specific type patients.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when
performing professional nursing care dealing with patients and
families often under tense situations.
- Must be proficient in required competencies upon completion of
orientation, as listed on the unit specific orientation and
competency assessment form, and may also be listed on performance
criteria documents. Minimum Position Requirements: Experience: Must
have more than 1 year of experience and meet the department
specific competencies. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current California RN license.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- ACLS certification must be obtained within 6 months of
obtaining position. Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Licenses/Certifications: CCRN For 50
years, Queen of the Valley Medical Center has been the premiere
medical facility in the Napa Valley. Our long history of providing
high quality and caring service is founded on four core values:
Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity. These
central principles inspire us to reach out to those in need and to
help heal the whole person-mind, body and spirit.Queen of the
Valley Medical Center combines the region's most qualified
physicians and staff with the most advanced technology available.
Because we have such high standards of care, our programs have been
recognized regionally and nationally for their demonstrated success
of outcome and care which is par with university hospitals.Queen of
the Valley Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Queen of the
Valley Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on
call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
Queen of the Valley Medical Center Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: R348071 id="detrack" defer
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Palo Alto , Staff Nurse II - Intensive Care Unit *Sign On Bonus $20,000*, Healthcare , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!