LVN- Licensed Vocational Nurse - New Grad
Company: United Health Systems
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionLVN- Licensed Vocational Nurse - New
GradLocation: Palo Alto, CAAll Shifts AvailableEssential Duties
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.Administrative Functions
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in
accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that
govern the long-term care facility.
- Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with
the written policies and procedures established by this
- Periodically review the department's policies, procedure
manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for
- Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support
personnel, in planning the shifts' services, programs, and
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current
and reflects the day-to-day nursing procedures performed in this
facility. Charting and Documentation
- Complete and file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon the
resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans,
record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance
with established policies.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the
Physicians' Order Form.
- Transcribe physician's orders to resident charts, cardex,
medication cards, treatment/care plans, as required.
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner
that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the
resident's response to the care.
- Fill out and complete accident/incident reports. Submit to
Director as required. Drug Administration Functions
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the
- Verify the identity of the resident before administering the
- Ensure that prescribed medication for one resident is not
administered to another.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications,
supplies, and equipment is on hand to meet the nursing needs of the
residents. Report needs to the Nurse Supervisor.
Keywords: United Health Systems, Palo Alto , LVN- Licensed Vocational Nurse - New Grad, Healthcare , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!