Lab Supervisor - Virology - CLS - Laboratory
Company: All Medical Personnel
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Position: Lab Supervisor - VirologyLocation: Santa Clara County,
CADuration: Full Time / Permanent / Direct Hire Job Summary: The
Lab Supervisor for Virology supervises the work of laboratory
personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical
procedures, including planning day to day laboratory work
activities, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and
technical laboratory problems.Job Duties:
- Supervises laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine
and specialized technical procedures.
- Plans the daily lab operations, evaluates work performed,
assists in troubleshooting and provides directions in handling
procedural and technical problems.
- Develops appropriate work schedules for employees and plans
daily work assignments in order to maintain adequate staffing,
minimize overtime, and meet customer service needs.
- Under the guidance of the section Medical director, develops
and implements department specific processes/procedures and quality
control programs to ensure reliability of testing procedures,
proper function of laboratory equipment, and compliance to
safety/health and state/federal/licensing regulations.
- Monitors and evaluates equipment, systems and supplies to
ensure operational efficiency, reliability of results and adequate
- Performs all human resource management responsibilities such as
conducting employee performance appraisals, transfers, interviews,
hiring, disciplining, and termination of employees.
- Monitors and completes payroll to ensure accurate pay period
- Prepares technical reports reflecting department process
volume, testing results, analysis, trends, conclusions or
recommendations for management and other company personnel.
- Performs bench testing during staffing shortages to maintain
expected patient care standards.
- Responsible for QA and QC, including review of testing results
to ensure accuracy and precision
- Performs other duties as assignedSpecific Job Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a work-related discipline/field from an
accredited college or university: Required
- Minimum of 4 years of laboratory experience: Required
- Experience in Virology: Required
- Minimum of 2 years of laboratory leadership experience managing
10+ direct reports: Required
- Valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS):
RequiredBenefits: Comprehensive and competitively based
compensation and benefits package. If you're interested, please:
- Email with your Resume/Questions
- OR contact me at the my direct line belowBest Regards,Erika
Cronin - Direct HireSenior Recruiting ConsultantAll Medical
Personnel - Allied Health214-276-6340 text/callAbout Us: All
Medical Personnel is a national leader in healthcare staffing and
recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the
nation's largest healthcare staffing firms. Our team of seasoned
recruiters are experienced in their ability to recruit, screen and
place medical professionals for all types of healthcare
Keywords: All Medical Personnel, Palo Alto , Lab Supervisor - Virology - CLS - Laboratory, Healthcare , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!