Clinical Pharmacist, Inbasket Care Team, California
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Organization:SHSO-Population Health Services-ValleyPosition
Overview: -Works independently and in collaboration with physicians
and other health care providers across the health care continuum to
ensure appropriate medication therapy for individual patients
within the Sutter system. Performs refill assessments remotely for
physician and care team in-baskets. Prescribes medications for
refills as well as adjust medications as needed for chronic disease
states under a collaborative practice agreement. Is responsible for
providing clinical assessment regarding patient home blood pressure
and glucose readings with adjustment of medication as clinically
appropriate and support providers with medication questions.Job
Description:This is a work from home position within
- Doctorate: Graduate of an accredited school of
pharmacy.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- PHARMD-Licensed Pharmacist
- ASHP-Post Graduate Year 1 ASHP General Pharmacy
ResidencyPREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 3 years of clinical and practical experience as typically
acquired in a similar environment.
- Advanced practice pharmacist licensure with board certification
preferred. -SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic and trade
pharmaceutical names, pharmaceutical calculations and laws and
- Knowledge and understanding of different Pharmacy practice
- Knowledge and ability to identify and employ pharmaceutical and
medical terms, abbreviations and symbols commonly used in
prescribing, dispensing, and record keeping of medications.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), related pharmaceutical
technology, EHR, and EPIC.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's PHI.
- Self-starter who can work independently without close
supervision and who ensures management staff are kept aware of any
issues. -Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of the
Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend
Requirements:NoneBenefits:YesUnions:NoThis position is work from
home eligible.Position Status: Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:40Employee
Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1Sutter Health is an equal
opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is
$85.00 to $102.00 / hourThe salary range for this role may vary
above or below the posted range as determined by location. This
range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic
differential applicable by area where the position may be filled.
Compensation takes into account several factors including but not
limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure
and certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Palo Alto , Clinical Pharmacist, Inbasket Care Team, California, Healthcare , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!