Medical Science Liaison-Field Medical
Company: Varian Medical Systems
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Together, we can beat cancer. At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers
Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our
vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work
passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology
solutions. We are part of an incredible community of scientists,
clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled
specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve
people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of
inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual
can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and
continued success. If you want to be part of this important
mission, we want to hear from you. Varian (a Siemens Healthineers
Company) has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Science Liaison
(MSL) to join our expanding business unit, Varian Interventional
Solutions (VIS), in the US. Role & Responsibilities:
- Clinically focused product training to guide the safe and
effective use of VIS products.
- Provision of training/education/product support at clinical
cases utilizing VIS products.
- Provision of medical education and internal training to
Commercial and R&D functions on technical, medical, and
- Provide refresher training to users who are seeking to
expand/improve their clinical use of VIS products.
- Provide scientific/medical data support for currently marketed
indications as well as for R&D projects in new therapeutic
- Build, maintain and manage effective professional peer-peer
relationships with contracted External Experts (EE), or Key Opinion
Leaders (KOL) engaging in bi-directional scientific/educational
- Respond appropriately to unsolicited clinical inquires,
facilitate research-oriented requests (both company sponsored and
investigator-initiated requests) and function as a scientific
resource for Health Care Providers (HCPs).
- Assist the Clinical Development department with company
sponsored clinical trials focusing on clinical trial site
identification, site initiation, site protocol education, and
- Act in accordance with applicable organizational values,
including all compliance, legal and regulatory requirements found
in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the company Code of
- Proactively collaborate and align with cross-functional teams
such as global market access and marketing departments in order to
optimize the medical information required for strategic planning
- Respond in a timely manner with accurate and approved
information to unsolicited ad hoc field based requests (including
MIRs - Medical Information Requests).
- Assist in evaluation of available scientific literature in
relation to product development, potential clinical studies, and
new product concepts. Prepare strategic platforms based on current
literature and level of evidence.
- Design, develop, and deliver scientific presentations to
individuals and groups of strategic importance to the Business Unit
- Attend assigned medical and scientific meetings (congresses)
and symposia to a) maintain awareness of current issues and new
data pertaining to assigned products; b) to communicate scientific
information; c) provide insight relevant to current and potential
development activities; and d) provide support for product
demonstration and education.
- Input regular field activity metrics into the Customer
Relationship Management software and provide regular reports on key
scientific support activities, case attendance and project
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with
the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Perform additional duties as requested by internal management.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Advanced degree in a science/medical discipline.
- Knowledge/experience of Interventional Radiology or
Interventional Oncology preferred.
- Knowledge of national/regional regulations and industry
standards regarding interactions with healthcare
- Self-motivated, autonomous, and accountable.
- Broad experience in the medical device or pharma space, with at
least 3 years in industry.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues in creative and
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in solving
complex business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to network and develop working
relationships with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Ability to travel within the USA up to 50%, predominately in
the Midwest/west territory.
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail,
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Fighting cancer calls for
big ideas. We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving
this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every
single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly
beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees.
We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate.
Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by
our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to
bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic
perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
TogetherWeFight Privacy Statement Equal Employment Opportunity
Statement Varian is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship
status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated
to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here. Pay Transparency
Varian follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here.
The base pay range for this position is Min $122,100 - Max $219,900
The pay wage range shown is based on the job posting's primary
location. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of
factors, including but not limited to skill set, experience,
certifications, and location.
Keywords: Varian Medical Systems, Palo Alto , Medical Science Liaison-Field Medical, Healthcare , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!