Guest Service Specialist
Company: Juut Midwest, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 15, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Guest Service Specialist SUPERVISOR: Assistant
ManagerAre you motivated to work in a creative environment and
uplift humanity?Here at Juut we believe in the power of Daymaking!
As the collection of original Aveda salons employing some of the
most highly regarded industry professionals, we have a 35-year
history of impacting people, society, and the world at large. We
use our vision and talent to generate confidence, invigorate
clients, and make the world a happier place. At Juut Salonspa, you
are supported by a team of professionals located in our home office
including marketing, education, human resources, and operations to
assist in your career growth. We celebrate individuality and care
about your livelihood as an artist. JUUT Salonspa is an inclusive
environmentGuest Service Summary:The main responsibility of this
position is to provide outstanding customer service to Juut guests
and perform Front Desk duties in accordance with Juut's performance
and service standards. The Guest Service Specialist will start out
In Training, and as key tasks and responsibilities are mastered
will move through Studio, Senior, and Master levels. Key
accountabilities of this position include those tasks listed below
combined with ensuring positive, uplifting experiences for all
customers, being a resource to guests, artists, and therapists, and
upholding Juut's Daymaker philosophy.
- Greet guests upon arrival with the appropriate welcome utilized
for new or returning guests.
- Check-in guests, give salon tour to all new Juut guests and
offer add on appointments available following guest's scheduled
- Escort guest to waiting area, hang up coat if necessary, and
offer beverage to all guests and Daymaker book to new guests.
- Perform confirmation calls to guests and offer add-on service
- Check out guests by ringing service ticket, closing out sale of
retail products and/or suggesting fitting products, pre-booking
next guest appointment, and performing proper goodbye.
- Answer incoming guest calls, book appointments with proper
artist or therapist through matchmaking, capture guest data
completely and accurately, offer add on appointments and up sell
- Make follow up calls to new guests within 24 hours of their
visit to Juut.
- Stock retail shelves as necessary when product is low, or
retail product order is delivered.
- Clean retail shelves on regular basis.
- Responsible for all product knowledge, continuous product
education, ability to answer product questions as a resource for
- Monitor and refill beverage station items, keep area clean and
- Organize magazines throughout salon to be in order and easily
accessible to guests.
- Clean bathrooms and restock supplies and containers.
- Salon cleaning as determined by management.
- Knowledge of artists at salon location to include services
provided, specialties, level etc.
- Ability to reschedule appointments, when necessary, block
artist time in computer system, distribute gratuities.
- Handle cash to include bank deposits.
- Ability to work during opening and closing hours.
- Attend all training, education, and meetings/huddles as
- Assist with possible other duties as assigned.
- Must always remain professional in demeanor, communication, and
dress (including following proper dress code with professional
looking hair and makeup).Juut offers a variety of benefits for you
and your family!
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k + % match
- On-going education
- Employee assistance program
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- 50% employee discount Education/Training/Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some exposure to salon, cosmetics or like retail business
- Customer Service experience preferred but not required
- Training opportunities available Physical Requirements:While
performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 10 lbs.
- View items at a close or distant range
- Stand for extended periods of time Working Conditions:
- Retail salon environmentNote: Job Descriptions are not
exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts
associated with a position. They reflect principal job elements
essential for performing the job and evaluating performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than as "at will" relationship. Salon Open Monday
9a - 7p Tuesday thru Saturday 8a -7p; Must have evening and
Saturday availability; Shifts varyFull time and part time hours
Keywords: Juut Midwest, Inc., Palo Alto , Guest Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!