Customer Service Associate
Company: Crate & Barrel
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 22, 2022
As a Customer Service Associate, your patience, good listening
skills, attention to detail and overall positive presence are at
the core of your character-and the foundation for providing an
outstanding customer experience. You're our number one ambassador.
With an undivided focus on the customer, you offer support every
step of the way, from being a helpful voice on the phone to taking
orders and helping to resolve customer service issues with ease.
Armed with a deep knowledge of current merchandise and promotions,
you are confident in answering any question that may arise. Behind
the scenes, you demonstrate your knack for organization and
efficiency, managing office activities and procedures under the
direction and mentorship of the Team Leader, Customer Service. What
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by assisting
the Team Leader, Customer Service with all office activities and
procedures in order to deliver an engaged experience to every
customer, every time.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, and
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet
communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and
the status of merchandise.
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources, including
customer service standards and guidelines, as well as additional
furniture resources, as applicable.
- Complete and process phone sales orders and book all
deliveries, both local and long distance.
- Coordinate with Distribution Centers and vendors regarding
return and repair authorization and chargebacks.
- Process all customer correspondence and returns and credits,
including UPS returns and breakage cards.
- Answer all telephone calls immediately and courteously.
- Perform all follow up communication with the customer, and
respond to customers within the time frame promised.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive
attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal
and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Assistant Store
Manager, Sales or Team Leader, Customer Service concerning all
aspects of customer service issues.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company
associates in both written and verbal form.
- Actively participate in weekly customer service meetings, store
meetings and training sessions.
- Support the sales team by assisting on the sales floor as
directed by the Assistant Store Manager, Sales.
- Support sales team by assisting with all aspects of the sales
process, including booking/rebooking deliveries, following up on
estimated time of arrival (ETAs), backorders, transfers and all
customer service issues.
- Identify and coach sales associates on appropriate internal and
receipt notes, sales skills and recovery options.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades
and new systems.What you'll bring:
- Thorough working knowledge of email, internet browsers, and
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Telephone presence and interpersonal skills
- Data entry and basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier
merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including
weekends and holidays
- Experience in a call center environment analyzing and solving
escalated and intricate situations preferred
- For all FT and PT roles: Availability to work days, evenings
and weekends, including Saturday and Sunday in some weeks
- For PT roles: Availability to be scheduled 12+ hours per week
(16+ is preferred), with a minimum of 8 hours and two shifts on
Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday
Keywords: Crate & Barrel, Palo Alto , Customer Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!