Company: Vitality Bowls
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Vitality Bowls is a superfood cafe in Palo Alto! We're a fast
paced superfood cafe focused on acai bowls, smoothies, fresh
juices, and other healthy food options. We require you to have a
certain mentality - only a few will have it so we're looking for
very specific people to add on to our awesome team.
Starting wage is $15 (avg is $17-$22/h when adding the tips and
bonuses) with the possibility for more as we promote from within.
We want to align the interests of everyone on the team, so we
structure team bonuses for this purpose - a rising tide lifts all
boats. Our goal is to train you not just in our operations, but in
many areas of life so that if you decide to move on, you're far
better off than before. We'll be very involved in community
outreach and getting to know our neighbors. We want to be
contributors in our community, we hope you do too!
No experience is required.
Time frame: We can start training asap!
Job Type: Part-time or full-time accepted.
Salary: Base of $15.00 /hour + tips and bonuses.
Avg wage $17.00-$22.00/h
- Lead the team, making sure food is made accurately and taken to
customers in a timely manner
- In charge of shifts and delegating tasks
- Show exemplary knowledge of the job and excellent customer
- Deal with upset customers/problems with food in a polite way,
making sure the customer is happy
- Accept deliveries, making sure that deliveries are complete and
correct or that refunds are issued
- Communicate with managers/owners about the status of inventory;
whether everything arrived on time and orders came complete and
correct; whether any items in the store are running low
- Check daily petty cash and go to the bank for change if
- Restock the register nightly for the correct change
- Communicate with managers/owners about employees: strengths and
weaknesses, dependability, customer service, etc.
- Manage the break schedule, making sure employees are arriving
on time and take appropriate breaks
- Attend Management Meetings
- Communicate with managers/owners about new ideas i.e. better
methods to improve efficiency, safety etc., new recipe ideas
- Assist with interviews, evaluations, and training
- Memorize the training material and be able to explain the
health benefits of the ingredients and the food to customers in an
upbeat and informative manner
- Keep the front lobby and outside area clean while checking on
it every 15 minutes
- Have excellent customer service, including being positive and
extremely polite and informative to customers, as well as giving
accurate wait times
- Assist and ring up guests, answer phone calls and take orders
over the phone
- Have a thorough knowledge of the food and recipes. Must be able
to follow recipes and to make all food in a timely and sanitary
- Prep food according to proper procedures
- Continuously and thoroughly clean the kitchen and lobby
- Put away deliveries and keep everything organized
- Washing dishes and put away
- Communicate with other staff to ensure that all orders are made
correctly and in a timely way
- Carry out food to customers
- Communicate with managers about the schedule, informing them in
a timely manner of days off needed
- Show up on time and take breaks for the appropriate length of
- Complete all opening and closing duties
- Perform additional tasks requested by your manager
- Follow sanitation guidelines
- Stock and rotate food
- Adhere to safety procedures
- Practice cost-cutting measures
- Pitch in and work as a team
- Track food quality
- Handle specials circumstances
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and managers
- Become food certified
- Must be able to handle a basic computer, POS system; handling
cash and credit cards
- Follow health, sanitary, and safety requirements
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, occasionally
lift heavy boxes, move quickly and have a sense of urgency
- Maintain a clean and work appropriate personal appearance
- Come to work with a positive attitude, and are willing to work
well with others
- Leadership abilities
Vitality Bowls specializes in making delicious aa bowls, a thick
blend of the aa berry topped with organic granola and a selection
of superfood ingredients. Additional antioxidant-rich menu items
include smoothies, juices, salads and more. No ingredient fillers
such as ice, frozen yogurt, or artificial preservatives are used,
giving the purest taste possible to each item.
Vitality Bowls' Standards and Expectations:
Be Friendly and Fast -
- Make a great first impression: smile and greet each guest.
- Show a sense of urgency and strive to minimize wait times.
- Get to know your guests and make them regulars.
- Make a memorable connection and send each guest off with a
smile.Know Your Stuff -
- Become knowledgeable about Vitality Bowls menu, preparation
methods (gluten free modifications)
- Being "fitness and nutritionally minded" will help you
understand your customer
- Develop a good understanding of each ingredient's nutritional
- Deliver a perfect meal item every time.The "One Team" Theme
- Work together as ONE team to deliver a great meal and provide
- Be courteous to your fellow team members and make Vitality
Bowls a fun and uplifting place to work.
- Seek opportunities to exceed expectations.
- Embrace the ACT principal - be Accountable, practice good
Communication, and be Trustworthy.Show Pride in Your Work -
- Look sharp and be on time for all scheduled shifts, and have
reliable transportation to our location.
- Keep the store clean, organized, and looking great with
- Operate cash register and handle all cash transactions with
- Do your best and strive for excellence in everything you
I acknowledge that I am applying for employment with an
independently owned and operated Vitality Bowls franchisee, a
separate company and employer from Vitality Bowls and any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries. I understand that each independent
franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to
employees including and without limitation hiring and termination,
and Vitality Bowls does not accept, review or store my application.
Any questions about my application or the hiring process must be
directed to the locally owned and operated Vitality Bowls
Keywords: Vitality Bowls, Palo Alto , Shift Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!