Payroll Processor - (1.0 FTE, Days)
Company: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 7, 2021
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins
with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced
technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered
care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education
and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile
Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring,
committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to
heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Under supervision, prepares payroll from time cards and processes
the bi-weekly payroll. Reviews time cards and paychecks for
accuracy; calculates various types of pay; handles routine payroll
problems or complaints; answers questions from employees' regarding
payroll matters. Maintains and processes records of paid time off,
vacation and other benefits accrued by employees.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work
performed by positions in this job classification. They are not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also
perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including
but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care,
patients rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of
physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for
others, participation in ongoing education and training,
communication and adherence to safety and quality programs,
sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and
licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the
Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Batches timesheets, earnings and deductions, and file
maintenance changes. Batches manual check transactions for data
- Maintains and updates various tables such as Job Code, Cost
Center, Tax tables, Direct Deposit and Payee file.
- Prepares and processes manual checks for vacation, termination,
or other special checks according to hospital policy. Prepares
check requests and mails checks to vendors of deductions taken for
the period and balances to reports.
- Prepares and transmits through electronic fund transfer, tax
deposits for each payroll cycle.
- Process all personnel action forms, and prepares required
action, such as retroactive pay calculation, PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Processes direct deposit stops/start and follow-up rejected or
missing direct deposits.
- Receives and prepares various earnings adjustments and
deductions for employee's paychecks such as annuity, savings bond,
auto insurance, fees, tax, levy, wage assignments, credit union
- Receives and processes wage attachment documents.
- Receives and sets up employee's tax withholding, deductions
(i.e. W4, DE4) and direct deposits.
- Reviews payroll edits and makes on-line corrections as
- Verifies employee timesheet for accuracy and completeness.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly
related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills
required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job
and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience,
education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task, and meet
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English
effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective
performance of the job.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of computer applications related to payroll
- Knowledge of federal and state tax withholding rules and
- Knowledge of Payroll terminology and methods
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values
diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and
non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including
the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate
against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic
origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition,
genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the
perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of
all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and
veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with
criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized
assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where
applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance
Keywords: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto , Payroll Processor - (1.0 FTE, Days), Human Resources , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!