Field Service Rep Software- Tennessee/Kentucky
Company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: October 11, 2020
TOGETHER, WE CAN BEAT CANCER.
AT VARIAN, WE BRING TOGETHER THE WORLDS BEST TALENT TO REALIZE OUR
VISION OF A WORLD WITHOUT FEAR OF CANCER. TOGETHER, WE WORK
PASSIONATELY TO DEVELOP AND DELIVER EASY-TO-USE, EFFICIENT ONCOLOGY
SOLUTIONS. IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THIS IMPORTANT MISSION, WE
WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.
The Field Service Representative Software (FSR SW) is the primary
contact for Varian Medical Systems (VMS) customers. The FSR SW is
responsible for servicing and completing repairs needed to ensure
that our customers equipment operates efficiently and optimally.
The FSR SW is responsible for troubleshooting, repairs, installs,
upgrades and performing preventative maintenance on all VMS
equipment according to instructions and company guidelines. Each
FSR operates as a primary SW representative in their assigned
territory and is part of a larger service region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all VMS equipment within an
assigned service territory.
* Complete software-related preventative maintenance processes on
time per VMS guidelines.
* Install, modify, and complete necessary upgrades to software
systems per VMS guidelines.
* Maintain a schedule to include preventative maintenance
installations and upgrades as well as incoming customer calls.
* Be able to assess the urgency of the customer's request and
follow-through to completion.
* Understand and recognize the need to escalate incidents when
necessary or request additional assistance from more tenured
* Examine difficult customer issues, diagnose and resolve the
issues, and meet established customer service levels.
* Be able to understand and utilize the escalation process to
Regional Service Software Manager, FSR, District Manager, SDS, PSE,
* Utilize appropriate internal assistance request processes and
* Maintain effective territory management and expense control which
includes timely completion and submission of field service reports
and other required documentation compliant to VMS procedures.
* Develop and maintain strong customer relationships through
excellent service with strong written and verbal communication
* Conduct customer follow-up as needed and ensure customer
inquiries and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* Continues fluency in known product lines and proactively learns
new product information with the goal of becoming fluent in
speaking all Varian product language.
* Able to partner and collaborate with other VMS departments
* Completes all required and assigned training on time.
* Must be able to manage multiple and competing priorities
* Performs other duties as assigned
* HS Degree or Equivalent Preferred: Associates degree,
technical/vocational training or IT industry certification and/or
2+ years of related experience
* Sound knowledge of and professional experience with IT Networks
including network analysis test equipment
* Knowledge of desktop computers, server hardware, and operating
* Understanding and familiarity with service, installation, and
* Familiarity with Varian Record and Verify and treatment private
network systems is preferred
* Varian SW product certification preferred
* Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in
building relationships with professionals of all organizational
* Exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills
* Take responsibility and work independently, as well as coordinate
* Demonstrate patience, tact, and courtesy with a variety of
customers and personalities.
* Able to handle difficult customer situations including
troubleshooting in the presence of customers.
* Must be able to successfully meet and maintain all required
vendor credentialing, criminal background checks, and drug screens
unless prohibited by law.
FIGHTING CANCER CALLS FOR BIG IDEAS.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision
takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day.
That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and
intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror
of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come
from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Palo Alto , Field Service Rep Software- Tennessee/Kentucky, IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!