Principal Software Engineer
Company: Glooko, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 15, 2021
- Develop applications for the data, devices, web and
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested code.
- 40% Designing Solutions, POCs and Mentoring
- Partner with engineers, architects & product management to
implement end to end product features.
- Take full ownership of features and projects: architect,
implement and deploy.
- Provide continuous improvements to performance and
- Participate in design and code reviews and mentoring of
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Math, or
- 10+ years working experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience with Python, Node.js or Ruby programming
- 3+ years of recent experience working building, deploying on
cloud based platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Proficient with the design and development of large-scale
- Proven ability to be an independent thinker and dynamic problem
- Experience working with a variety of data stores such as
MongoDB, Redis, MySQL.
- Experience releasing software using a continuous deployment
- Proven ability to produce and own technical designs and
codebases, and work with other technology leaders to craft
technical roadmaps About Glooko: There are over 420 million people
in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps them, as well as their
physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost
effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management
and provides an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS
and Android) application for people with diabetes and the
clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data
from over 80 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps,
continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric
devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical
decision support. Glooko's mobile app and web dashboard enable
patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of
their diabetes care. Glooko's Population Tracker and APIs offer
diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs
and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems,
and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and
third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary
technologists and leaders in healthcare. Glooko Benefits Include:
- Having a meaningful impact on people's lives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation
- 401(k) matching program
- Valuable experience in the rapidly growing mobile health
industry Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal
law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training. Posted positions are not
open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume
submissions will be considered free referrals. At this time, Glooko
is unable to commence ("sponsor") an immigration case in order to
employ you now or in the future. Are you legally authorized to work
in the United States? --*
Rate and describe your experience with Ruby --*
Rate and describe your experience with Python --*
Rate and describe your experience with Node.js --*
What is your experience with working with a global engineering
What about our mission resonates with you? --*
Keywords: Glooko, Inc., Palo Alto , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!