PROJECT MANAGER (REAGENTS / SOFTWARE)
Company: Cytek Biosciences
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Company Description:We are a leading manufacturer and supplier
of flow cytometry products and services. Our compact, affordable
instruments and wide-ranging support offerings are used by
researchers and clinicians all over the world.
Job Location: Palo Alto, California
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The primary responsibility of the
Project Manager is to lead Our Product Development or Product
Improvement projects from Concept to Commercialization meeting the
Project Scope, Quality, Cost, and Timing Objectives.
Lead Project team to define and manage the following
- Project and product scope
- Project tasks required to complete deliverables
- Project resources necessary to complete tasks in the desired
- Project schedule necessary for each phase of the project
- Project and Product Risks associated with delivery of a quality
product on time and on budget
- Project budget (i.e. resource, material, external agreements,
- Guiding the Technical team to identify objectives, address
technical issues, make decisions, and create technical
The Project Manager is responsible for actively working
cross-functionally to maintain engagement and focus on the project
effort. Working with Sales and Marketing to develop the project
Business Case and ensuring Customer Requirements and Product Design
are in alignment to meet the target market and revenue forecast.
Leading and Guiding the R&D development effort to meet defined
project deliverables and milestones. Actively assess, anticipate
and manage risks and issues with attention to detail. Create and
execute strategies to address issues and risks to keep the project
on track. Guides the concept to prototype to pilot to production
engagement with R&D, NPI, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to
ensure material flow, supplier qualification, material cost, and
Design Transfer to Manufacturing is completed. Manages adherence to
Design Control processes per company RUO and Medical Device
procedures. Organize and lead Design and Phase Reviews. Keep the
Portfolio Review Board aware of Project status and any issues or
risks that would affect the ability to deliver a quality product on
time and on budget.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or
Biochemistry is required. Professional certification is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in leading the development,
implementation, or commercialization of Flow Cytometry Reagents or
other chemical analysis consumables and the associated software
platforms supporting Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Diagnostic, or
Medical Device industries.
- Demonstrated experience creating chemical consumable
development process and product workflows and associated software
- Experience with Project budget creation, revenue forecasting,
resource allocation, and project scheduling tools is required (i.e.
JIRA, Confluence, MSProject, SmartSheet).
- Experience using the Windows OS, MS Office Applications,
Engineering Change Order Systems, Design History Files, and the
creation of Procedures and Reports.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills
working with teams and with leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage exempt and
non-exempt cross-functional personnel.
- Self-directed and resourceful having a mature ability to deal
with conflict and drive resolution.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to work across
organizational functions to influence and drive the project effort
with a sense of urgency.
- Skill with identifying, clarifying, and reducing ambiguity for
projects and products.
- Work well under pressure and can maintain flexibility when
- Skilled with analyzing tradeoffs between product features,
customer needs, manufacturability, serviceability, and cost.
- Awareness of US and International regulations and standards
that apply to the in vitro diagnostic and medical device industry,
including FDA Quality Systems Regulations, CFR 820, ISO 13485 &
9001 & 14971.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
Problem-solving, analytical, creativity, and critical thinking
Keywords: Cytek Biosciences, Palo Alto , PROJECT MANAGER (REAGENTS / SOFTWARE), IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!