Staff Software Engineer in Test, Tools and Automation
Company: Rivian Automotive
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 8, 2022
As the Staff Software Engineer in Test, you will own the
strategy, development and execution of our test automation
platform, processes and reporting infrastructure. This role
operates as a strategic participant across inter-dependent software
development efforts. The ideal candidate cares deeply about
efficiency and quality in the software development process and has
demonstrated experience leveraging industry-leading tools and
frameworks to deliver a complete test automation platform that
engineering teams can execute on in the delivery of solutions to
our customers. Responsibilities:
- Design, architect and drive the delivery of test automation
systems and platforms best suited to Rivian's platforms and
- Work cross-team with our partner engineering teams to determine
optimal test automation technologies for solutions using disparate
languages and platforms.
- Partner with delivery teams to track and act upon key
performance indicators to enable continuous improvement of product
quality and user experience.
- Partner with platform infrastructure teams to optimize our
delivery pipelines and tools infrastructure in order to ensure
production resilience and optimal quality.
- Promote and drive testing & quality best practices, coding
standards, release strategies and tool usage. Qualifications:
- 6+ years relevant experience designing and delivering test
automation platforms in complex application environments.
- Passion for developing, configuring, connecting, and
integrating systems in a complex application environment.
- Built scalable and functional applications with 2+ years as
- Experience establishing Test Automation Frameworks and creating
reusable components libraries while implementing effective quality
assurance strategies and best practices.
- Experienced in creating a strategic technology direction,
aligning it with tactical activities, and communicating plans
broadly across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of Testing concepts and Test Project
- Experience in high-growth technology companies or startups a
plus. Our Tech Stack:
Technologies that we use on a regular basis include but are not
PyTest, Rest Assured, Gradle,
Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Spock, Cypress, Jasmine, Karma, Selenium,
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Palo Alto , Staff Software Engineer in Test, Tools and Automation, IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!