Senior Software Engineer - Big Data Platform
Company: Branch Metrics
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 9, 2022
At Branch, we're transforming how brands and users interact
across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking
solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase
ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our
team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value
ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company
that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together,
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Branch Big Data Platform, you
will be designing, building, and managing a scalable and highly
available real-time Big Data platform handling petabytes of data.
Our platform is designed to ingest and process billions of events
per day, and make the resulting aggregations and insights available
in minutes in our Analytical data stores for complex ad hoc "slice
and dice" queries by both internal and external partners to drive
their day to day mobile growth strategies. Data is at the core of
our business, and we're constantly innovating to make our systems
more performant, timely, cost-effective, and capable while
maintaining high reliability. You'll be architecting our core data
infrastructure and pipelines using technologies and tools tailored
for massive data sets including Flink, Spark, Kafka, and Druid
while working in the AWS cloud environment.
If you are interested in building systems that can consume and
explore billions of data points a day, work with petabytes of data,
and want to push what is possible with data, this is the place for
As a Senior Software Engineer - Big Data Platform, you'll get
- Architect, build real-time batch data pipelines and data
aggregation systems to deliver quality real-time analytical reports
for our internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Backend Engineers, Data &
Infrastructure Operations, and Products Managers to deliver new
Data Platform capabilities.
- Develop clean, safe, testable, and cost-efficient
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the
internal and external impacts on teams and projects. Foresee
shortcomings ahead of time and be able to drive to resolution.
You'll be a good fit if you have:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years experience, 3+ in Big Data Engineering
- Strong development skills in Java or Scala
- Solid background in the fundamentals of computer science,
distributed systems, large scale data processing as well as a
mastery of database designs and data warehousing.
- Practical experience managing AWS Cloud environments
- Experience in containerized deployment or Kubernetes is a big
- Good understanding of a broad spectrum of NoSQL, traditional
RDBMS, and analytical/columnar data stores including Postgres,
Druid, Vertica, Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Aerospike, and
- Ability to build systems that balance scalability,
availability, and latency.
- Strong ability to advocate for the continual deployment and
automation tools, monitoring, and self-healing systems that can
help improve the lives of our engineers.
- Great communication skills and you are a team player who has a
proven track record of building strong relationships with
management, co-workers, and customers.
- A desire to learn and grow, push yourself and your team, share
lessons with others and provide constructive and continuous
feedback, and receptive to feedback from others.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA,
Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all
over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized
companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North
America on Deloitte's 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups,
Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we
made Comparably's list of the top 50 best engineering
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered
with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role, we'd love for you
to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that
encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique,
diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an
environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives,
and we can't wait to show you what we have to offer!
Keywords: Branch Metrics, Palo Alto , Senior Software Engineer - Big Data Platform, IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!