Senior Software Engineer, Deep Learning
Company: Argo Ai
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you
can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative
partnerships with some of the worlds largest automakers, were
building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale
globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose
to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around
cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and
goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
Our team delivers solutions to camera-based perception problems on
the autonomous vehicle platform. These problems include object
detection, scene segmentation, and various classification and
regression problems. Perception is key to obstacle avoidance,
prediction of actor behavior, and planning the motion of the
vehicle itself. Our team takes algorithms that allow the vehicle to
reason about the world around it from the lab to the road -
everything from reading and understanding the research literature
to deployment of production-grade vision systems on the vehicle.
Understanding a large, messy, unstructured world in real-time is
essential to the success of any autonomous robotics program, and
one of the most challenging and fulfilling aspects of the work here
Were looking for a talented senior-level machine learning engineer
to join us. The ideal candidate should have experience building
computer-vision-focused machine learning pipelines, controlling for
all of precision, recall, computational performance, memory use,
and multi-task tradeoffs. You should be comfortable reading papers,
working on highly nontrivial problems without obvious solutions,
and pushing the boundaries of the state of the art.
What Youll Do
- Develop spatiotemporal machine learning models that capture
behavior and state of scenes.
- Read the literature, look at raw data, design state-of-the-art
solutions, and productize them all the way from lab through to the
test track, and ultimately bring them to public roads.
- Act as a force multiplier across the team: use your experience
to provide a voice of reason and knowledge, and identify
opportunities for improvements that scale the engineering team
- Build relationships with upstream and downstream partners and
work cross-functionally to deliver high-impact features that
improve our perception system.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics or a related field.
- Expert-level machine learning knowledge and experience, with a
successful track record of developing and deploying deep learning
solutions using TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar.
- Experience with camera-based systems and computer vision.
- Experience shipping computer vision software products to
industry or consumers.
Nice To Haves
- Ph.D. with machine learning focus, or equivalent
- Experience developing and deploying temporal computer vision
models (for instance, video activity recognition or using multiple
frames for improved results on other tasks).
What We Offer You
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect
voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft
protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups,
quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive
experience building robotic systems for commercial applications.
Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person
strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the worlds
leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is
the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S.,
and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers global reach,
our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment
potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior
results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
an inclusive environment for all employees.by Jobble
Keywords: Argo Ai, Palo Alto , Senior Software Engineer, Deep Learning, IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!