Senior Software Engineer, Motion Planning & Decision Making
Company: Argo AI
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you
can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative
partnerships with some of the world's largest automakers, we're
building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale
globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose
to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around
cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and
goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
The Argo AI Motion Planning team brings all the components of the
autonomy stack together. The Motion Planning team takes inputs from
perception, prediction, and mapping and plans how to safely yet
comfortably navigate complex urban driving scenarios - such as
making unprotected turns, and lane changing in traffic. This
involves routing to the desired destination, making high-level
decisions with respect to traffic controls and other road users
(including vehicles, cyclists, pedestrians, etc.), and generating
an optimal trajectory for the AV to execute.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop algorithms in one or more areas of the
Motion Planning stack, ranging from route planning, behavior
planning, trajectory optimization, decision making, and machine
- Extensively test your algorithms, through unit testing,
simulation testing in the cloud, log playback and resim, and on
- Develop tools for visualization and debugging, and use them to
analyze logs from fleet testing
- Analyze metrics from fleet testing to prioritize next
- Optimize the runtime and memory efficiency of the onboard
Motion Planning software.
- Coordinate with other autonomy teams to ensure that Motion
Planning is provided the inputs it needs.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- The Motion Planning team is looking for deep expertise in
either Motion Planning or Software Engineering (or both).
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- While breadth is helpful, a depth of knowledge and application
experience in a relevant Robotics / Motion Planning subspecialty is
most desirable. Examples of relevant subspecialties include:
- graph or sampling-based planning in high-dimensional state
spaces, computational geometry, behavioral planning and decision
making, planning under uncertainty (POMDPs etc.), model-predictive
planning and control, convex optimization, reinforcement learning,
imitation learning, etc.
- A baseline level of skill in modern C++ programming and
software engineering is required for all team members, even Motion
Planning domain experts. Python programming experience is also
helpful but not required.
- Industry experience writing production-quality,
performance-critical code, and maintaining large codebases is
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
What We Offer You
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect
voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft
protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups,
quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive
experience building robotic systems for commercial applications.
Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person
strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world's
leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is
the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S.,
and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers' global reach,
our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment
potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior
results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: Argo AI, Palo Alto , Senior Software Engineer, Motion Planning & Decision Making, IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!