Senior Cloud Sales Specialist - Oracle Cloud VMware Solution
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Job DescriptionBusiness Summary:VMware is the leader in
virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our
more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the
Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation
technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire
data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with
solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud
computing and the mobile workspace.Our team of 30,000+ people
working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a
community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living
our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active
learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate
and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for
tomorrow today.Job Description:The Cloud Services Specialist owns
sales responsibility for selling the Oracle Cloud VMware Solution
(OCVS) cloud portfolio to enterprise and commercial end users. You
are responsible for building a strong territory in their assigned
geography and achieving a revenue quota target, managing the sales
forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions
within your territory. This position will be an overlay cloud sales
specialist position that will need to coordinate and work closely
with VMware's core Field and Partner organizations to achieve
success and lead interactions with our existing customers. Deep
knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales
cycles, and VMware's partner programs and ecosystem will all be
essential for success in the role.Key Job Responsibilities:
- You are accountable for achieving revenue consumption targets
for VMware Cloud portfolio.
- You will participate in a weekly forecasting process to provide
visibility to VMware's leadership of sales pipeline status and
potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and
downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Identify high propensity customers.
- You will drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with core Field and
Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams
- You bring consultative sales experience, especially around the
adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- You will lead qualification for all the leads and sales
opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory.
- You are a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects
high standards for self and team.
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to
achieve desired results.
- Will work closely with the Sales Leaders, Cloud Solutions
Architects (CSA) and Partners to ensure sales activities are
on-track in order to achieve bookings and pipeline goals.
- Will leverage the CSA/SE organization for desired results at
top accounts.Key Requirements:
- Do you possess 5+ years of sales experience in the IT industry,
with Enterprise software and hosted service?
- Do you have knowledge of the IT hosting and cloud services
- Are you able to articulate and evangelize the value of hybrid
cloud IT solutions?
- You have experience with new product introductions.
- Strong leadership and Customer Relationship skills.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience.
- Microsoft related product sales knowledgePreferred Skills:
- Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of
humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness,
integrity, and good-natured fun.
- Do you excel in leading strategic and value selling?
- Consistent record of achieving business objectives in a highly
competitive partner channel environment.
- BA/BS degree or higher."This job requisition is not eligible
for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware." -This job
may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility
that requires full vaccination prior to entry.VMware is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of
Any Kind: -VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex
(including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment
based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants
of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to
employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local
Keywords: VMware, Palo Alto , Senior Cloud Sales Specialist - Oracle Cloud VMware Solution, IT / Software / Systems , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!