Associate General Counsel
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Ladder is reinventing life insurance. We are a growing team of
innovators creating a company built on beautiful design, powerful
technology, advanced data science and an incredible consumer
experience. Our team is made up of people who are both inspired
innovators and results driven individuals who are prepared to roll
up their sleeves and challenge the status quo, all to redeem and
grow a fundamentally important product that is good for families
and communities. Role Ladder is looking for an experienced,
dynamic, articulate, and persuasive attorney to lead our
partnerships and marketing commercial contracting function. This
role will report to our General Counsel. What You'll Do
- Build a world class commercial contracting function focused on
supporting Ladder's partnerships and marketing teams.
- Partner with senior executives throughout the company to help
drive commercial strategy, advise on transactional matters and
negotiate agreements with business partners.
- Advise colleagues on relevant legal issues, risks, agreements
structures, approval processes, and company policies and
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks in transactions,
and find creative ways to mitigate risks while achieving business
- Develop and drive comprehensive, long-term legal strategies
that balance risk and business objectives.
- Create and improve agreement templates and contract
- Collaborate with colleagues to design, implement and launch a
company-wide contract management system.
- Support and/or manage other legal matters as they arise. Must
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- Membership in at least one state bar, with good standing.
- 10+ years of legal practice, including extensive commercial and
transaction counseling experience.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills; phenomenal
ability to communicate information effectively internally and
externally (including to non-legal audiences), and to drive
cross-functional alignment and action.
- Execution oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and
scrappiness to get things done.
- Experience learning new areas of law.
- Team-player who is willing to take on any project that comes
- Experience with technology companies and/or startup
organizations or experience in or knowledge of insurance regulatory
law. Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic
people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder,
differences are celebrated and supported for the benefit of our
people, our product, and our community. Let us know why you're
interested in this position and what unique contributions you can
make to the Ladder team. -
Keywords: Ladder, Palo Alto , Associate General Counsel, Legal , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!