Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical
company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying,
developing and commercializing meaningful products that address
unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial
product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in
therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding
of the patient journey and a suite of products and product
candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our
team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an
unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a
great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and
get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
As a member of the Financial Planning, and Analysis team,
primary responsibilities will be to provide financial planning,
reporting, and business insight and analysis support to the North
America Commercial & Medical Affairs Organization. This individual
will support the quarterly forecast and the annual budget process,
collaborating with the FP&A Associate Director, Brand/Molecule
Leads, and functional department leads to design, implement, and
execute core planning & analysis processes with an emphasis on
business partnering. This individual will also partner closely with
Accounting on month-end accruals and implement process
improvements. Strong financial and business acumen in addition to
broad knowledge of FP&A processes are essential to the success
of this role, along with sharp attention to detail and strong
financial systems expertise.
* Drive the annual budget process and the quarterly forecast
process to help deliver on corporate objectives across all
commercial and medical affairs business units; as well as prepare
consolidated North America reports and financial analyses.
* Manage monthly close and actuals processes by partnering with
budget owners to provide monthly reports and operational analyses
to help manage the budget and improve forecasting accuracy.
* Partner with the FP&A Associate Director and the North
America Leadership Team to develop and track key performance
metrics and deliver key messages.
* Collaborate with Accounting on the month end and quarter end
close processes, including accruals, reconciliations, pre-paid
* Development/ongoing enhancement of expense and headcount
forecasting models to support planning and LE projections for a
* Partner with Brand and Molecule Teams to help address and
resolve financial issues impacting the business.
* Develop business models to conduct qualitative scenario
analysis and comparing historical benchmark to summarize key
* Proactively identify opportunities for
improvements/efficiencies, communicate findings, develop
recommendations, and present them to senior management.
* Assist in the development of dashboards and reports for
trending and analysis of specific business objectives and
* Review contracts and PRs to ensure financial requirements.
* Provide ad hoc analysis and decision support as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration, or Science discipline.
* MBA and/or CPA preferred.
* A minimum of five years post qualification experience with
strong financial planning and analysis, including experience
working in the pharmaceuticals industry supporting the North
America organization and in-depth knowledge of the accounting
practices required. Prior experience with modeling and accruals
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to
work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across
functional and business boundaries.
* Strong planning and analytical skills, including financial
modeling and financial database systems skills/knowledge (SAP BPC,
Host Analytics, Hyperion Planning, or similar).
* Operates, leads and facilitates effectively in a matrix
* Ability to think and plan strategically (work plans,
activities, time tables, targeting) and operating with execution
* Proven track record of successful leadership management and
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Able to work under pressure and can act with a sense of
urgency and understands the need for business responsiveness.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.