Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical
company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying,
developing and commercializing meaningful products that address
unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial
product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in
therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding
of the patient journey and a suite of products and product
candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our
team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an
unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a
great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and
get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director, Global Medical Information is
responsible for management of Neuroscience and/or
Hematology/Oncology medical information activities at Jazz
Pharmaceuticals. He/she is responsible for ensuring medical
accuracy for global promotional and medical materials, working in
collaboration with the Medical Director. He/she assures that review
materials contain appropriate, robust, accurate
(medically/scientifically), and current references. Also, he/she is
responsible for maintaining and delivering quality written
responses to global medical information inquiries, and ensuring
that the Medical Information Call Center team complies with
regulatory policies and procedures. He/she is also responsible for
surveying the medical literature for relevant new data in disease
states of interest and for working closely with the team of medical
scientists to ensure their materials are medically accurate and
clinically impactful when responding to inquiries.
Essential Job Functions:
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Supports Promotional/Medical Review Committee meetings by
participating in the review and approval of promotional/medical
materials to ensure medical accuracy.
* Working under minimal direction, provides timely medical
information responses to questions covering Jazz Pharmaceuticals
marketed products from patients, health care professionals, and
* Independently creates new Standard Responses (SRs) and updates
existing SRs based on an understanding of in-house data and the
* Trains sales team on Medical Information processes.
* Assists in the management of Medical Information vendor.
* Assists in the development of standard processes related to
Medical Information services.
* Performs critical analysis and synthesis of internal/external
* Provides coverage for the Medical Information booth at US
* Collaborates with medical scientists' team to develop
educational materials for use by medical scientists.
* Active member of the publication planning committee.
* Up to 10-20% travel, domestic and international.
* Advanced degree required (PharmD, MD, PhD, or equivalent) with
a minimum of 3 years of experience in a medical information
department in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Prior Neuroscience and/or Hematology/Oncology experience
* Must have skill sets to understand products and diseases that
allow for independent provision of complex information that is
accurate and meets all regulatory requirements.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills are
* Must be able to develop and maintain good working
relationships with internal departments and external contacts.
* Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication.
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidances for
responding to unsolicited requests for information.
Description of Physical Demands
* Occasional mobility within an office environment.
* Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
* Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other
similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
* Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure
to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature
* Frequent computer use at workstation.
* May move from one work location to another occasionally.
* Responsibilities require a work schedule that may include
working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business
* Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.