Autonomous Vehicle Operator
Company: An Innovative AI Logistics Company
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 21, 2020
HireArt is helping our client, a leader in autonomous solutions
for businesses, hire Autonomous Vehicle Operators to support
testing and data collection in the Bay Area on an ongoing contract
basis. We're seeking motivated individuals with a passion for
technology to join our client's operations team.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you're responsible for our clients'
Autonomous Vehicle platforms. You'll support transporting dry and
refrigerated cargo, obtaining critical data, and fixing technical
You'll be a valuable contributor, providing necessary feedback to
engineering teams. You'll help improve groundbreaking automated
driving technology while meeting customer needs.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you will:
- Safely operate test vehicles for up to 8 hours per day to
evaluate and help improve the technology.
- Consistently make exceptional judgment calls.
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an
understanding of the technology in your care, and a willingness to
constantly adjust to changes in the environment.
- Conduct a variety of critical data collection for engineering
teams using software and hardware, and communicate through multiple
- Be an ambassador for the technology by communicating expertly
and courteously at all times with management, engineers, and
members of the public.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Customer relationship management experience
- Previous experience with autonomous vehicles
- Valid US driver's license and a clean driving record
- Able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including basic
- Type 40+ words per minute
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily
inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical
including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various
operational tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible
overtime), ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt and based
in Palo Alto, CA. Schedule is either 9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm, five
days per week. Compensation is hourly and paid training is
provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful
completion of the initial training.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the
applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status,
genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected
under federal, state or local laws.Apply Now!
Keywords: An Innovative AI Logistics Company, Palo Alto , Autonomous Vehicle Operator, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!