LEAD ADV PRACTICE PROVIDER
Company: Stanford Health Care
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: February 20, 2021
COVID-19 update:-- Stanford Health Care is still hiring top
talent but we also have a commitment to keeping our community safe
and to reduce the risk of exposure. We have modified our interviews
and other hiring procedures to ensure a safe and convenient process
for candidates and employees. To learn more about Stanford Health
Care's response to COVID-19, please visit stanfordhealthcare.org--
Category Other Job Type Full time Job Id R211223 If you're ready to
be part of our legacy of hope and innovation, we encourage you to
take the first step and explore our current job openings. Your best
is waiting to be discovered.-- This is a Stanford Health Care
A Brief Overview
Provides supervision and management of advanced practice providers
(APPs) in a distinct clincial service line. Provides clinical
direction and education, works closely with operational and
physician leaders, and has oversight of hiring, termination, and
professional growth and development of their APPs. Also functions
under the general Nurse Practitioner (NP), Clinical Nurse
Specialist (CNS), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), or
the Physician Assistant (PA) Job Description approved by the
Interdisciplinary Practice Committee (IDPC).
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- The essential functions of a Lead Advanced Practice
Professional fall in three categories: Clinical Oversight and
Leadership; Administration; and Internal/External Legal/Regulatory
Issues. The Lead APP must supervise a minimum of 10 APPs.
- Clinical Oversight and Leadership:
- Co-direct the clinical, operational, and administrative
initiatives of the service line Medical Director and unit nursing
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the staff APPs.
- Ensure clinical competency and adherence to policy through
practice analysis and case review of APPs with physicians.
- Investigate and respond to patient/family complaints from
patients and families about care.
- Provide education to staff APPs.
- Participates as a representative the in hospital-wide
- Serve as a representative on the professional and evaluation
- Ensures all operational mandates and initiatives are completed
(e.g., C-I-CARE rounds).
- Review and participate in financial planning and issues for the
- Participate in the hiring, evaluation, coaching, mentoring, and
discipline of staff APPs.
- Investigate and resolve operational issues.
- Coordinate quality improvement/process improvement
- Provide 24-hour administrator on-call coverage for the service
- Coordinate the scheduling of the APPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Internal and External Legal/Regulatory Issues:
- Ensure compliance and participate in Medical Staff Services
initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Be informed of and advocate for practice models that allow
clinicians to practice to the fullest extent of their scope of
- Participate in regional and national discussions that affect
- Work with hospital operations in regards to
- Participate in the legislative and health policy issues
affecting advanced practice.
- Master's Degree Advanced Practice Nurse: Master's or Doctorate
Degree in Nursing or other healthcare-related field from an
accredited university.-OR- Physician Assistant: Bachelors degree in
Science, Physician Assistant Studies, or Healthcare related field
from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a licensed advanced
practice provider: (Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner,
Clinical Nurse Specialist or Certified Registered Nurse
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills
required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job
and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience,
education, or licensure/certification
- Management principles and practices such as, but not limited
to, employee hiring, evaluation, counseling, and termination;
budgeting; and employee recognition and rewards
- Practice evaluation and process improvement
- National professional organizational and regulatory agency
- Standards of care and practice of APP roles
- Ability to:
- Knowledge and demonstrated clinical competence and in depth
knowledge in specialty
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of trauma services
necessary to ensure the delivery of quality, cost-effective and
efficient patient care
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both
within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and
- Ability to promote a spirit of inquiry and practice based on
evidence by using research based knowledge or research utilization
methods to identify and implement innovations in patient care
and/or participating in research, clinical investigatory or quality
- Ability to use educational strategies to influence the
development of staff and the provision of quality care for patients
- Communicate effectively in many venues from individual 1-on-1
sessions to a large audience
- Recognize/reward or counsel staff
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conduct efficient and supportive process improvement
- Contribute positively, proactively, and adeptly in
institution-wide and Center of Advanced Practice initiatives
- Translate and implement national initiatives at SHC
- Ability to work full-time
Licenses and Certifications
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State
- CNS - Clinical Nurse Specialist or
These principles apply to ALL employees:
SHC Commitment to Providing an Exceptional Patient & Family
Stanford Health Care sets a high standard for delivering value and
an exceptional experience for our patients and families. Candidates
for employment and existing employees must adopt and execute
C-I-CARE standards for all of patients, families and towards each
other. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford's patient-experience
and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions.
Simply put, we do what it takes to enable and empower patients and
families to focus on health, healing and recovery.
You will do this by executing against our three experience pillars,
from the patient and family's perspective:
- Know Me: Anticipate my needs and status to deliver effective
- Show Me the Way: Guide and prompt my actions to arrive at
better outcomes and better health
- Coordinate for Me: Own the complexity of my care through
coordination Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC)
strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and
non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including
the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate
against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age,
national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status,
medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or
disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all
genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with
disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified
applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an
individualized assessment of the conviction and the job
requirements. Get tailored job recommendations based on your
interests. About Us Every day is an inspiration and an opportunity
to lift up our patients with the kind of care that has earned us a
worldwide reputation for excellence. Total Rewards At Stanford
Health Care, our reputation reflects more than how we treat our
patients. It also reflects how we treat our employees. Inclusion
and Diversity We value a workplace in which diversity is celebrated
and all people are inlcuded, respected, and appreciated as the most
valuable asset of Stanford Health Care. Share the opportunity How
would you rate your experience popup Stanford Health Care does not
discriminate on the basis of Ancestry, Age, Color, Disability,
Genetic information, Gender, gender identity, or gender expression,
Marital Status, Medical Condition, Military or veteran status,
National origin, Race, Religion, Sex and Sexual orientation.
Connect with caring. Share your voice. Join our community.
Keywords: Stanford Health Care, Palo Alto , LEAD ADV PRACTICE PROVIDER, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!