Assistant General Counsel
Location: palo alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Uniphore, the leader in Conversational AI and RPA, is looking
for a highly motivated Assistant General Counsel to support
Uniphores growing business. Primary responsibilities will initially
be strategic commercial and privacy compliance initiatives.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success with: (1) managing
multiple projects/deals and driving them to completion autonomously
within required timeframes; (2) adopting a builders mindset of
figuring stuff out even without prior (or direct) experience in
that area; and (3) developing trusted partnerships within your team
and with key stakeholders.
This position will report directly to the General Counsel, with a
potential for expanding responsibilities for the right candidate.
- Lead US commercial efforts, with primary responsibility for the
drafting and negotiation of SaaS customer agreements,
distribution/reseller agreements, professional services agreements,
DPAs, and other related agreements
- Build and improve legal processes in a company experiencing
- Provide business-minded legal advice to the Sales and Product
- Apply a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations
impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR; ability to
translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business
- Create sales enablement materials and train our sales team on
relevant legal issues and processes.
- Depending on interest, handle a wide variety of other demands
and projects (including M&A and general compliance
- 5+ years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a
preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience with a
focus on negotiating software/SaaS and enterprise B2B
- Experience working at a software/SaaS company or working with
SaaS clients strongly preferred.
- Ability to skillfully draft and negotiate complex commercial
agreements with a solution-oriented approach; you should have a
strong attention to detail while also being comfortable enough to
think quickly on your feet.
- Strong knowledge of privacy principles and grasp on what is
required for an effective privacy program.
- Working knowledge of software revenue recognition
- Excellent business judgment, with a balanced approach to growth
and risk tolerance.
- Ability to put aside ego and steer the team towards successful
- JD from an accredited law school and an active Bar membership
Nice to Have:
Uniphore is a global Conversational AI technology company with
offices in the U.S., India and Singapore. Uniphore believes the
future of customer service is every voice being truly heard. The
Companys vision is to bridge the gap between people and machines
through voice. Uniphore enables businesses globally to deliver
transformational customer service by providing a platform of
Conversational Analytics, Conversational Assistant and
Conversational Security that changes the way enterprises engage
their consumers, build loyalty and realize efficiencies.
Uniphore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics. For more information
on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational
Service Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com
Keywords: Uniphore, Palo Alto , Assistant General Counsel, Other , palo alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!