Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: palo alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Tesla is advancing the technology of high-speed vehiclecharging
and utility scale energy storage and is looking for a highly
skilledand motivated individual to help lead ultra-reliable and
innovative mechanicaldesign work. Come join an incrediblytalented
team and accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable
- Lead and support mechanical design engineers in full life cycle
- Work with cross-functional teams to achieve product
performance, aesthetic, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality
- Perform detailed review of mechanical systems and components
including plastic, metal and sheet metal parts, connectors,
insulators, wire-harnesses, fasteners, electronic assemblies,
enclosures, thermal systems, and other components.
- Lead and audit detailed mechanical design analysis including
thermal, structural, design for assembly, and design for test.
- Generate and maintain product and component design
- Create plans and audit the execution of holistic product
validation across multiple teams.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent
experience in field
- 7+ years of design leadership experience.
- Deep understanding of the material science of components used
in mechanical design (metals, plastics, insulators, connectors,
- Deep understanding of component and product failure modes.
- Expertise in a wide variety of component fabrication
- Extensive experience designing for high-volume manufacture and
- Experience integrating and packaging electronic assemblies into
- Proficiency using 3D mechanical design and analysis tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to work in and the ability to excel in a fast-paced and
- Experience designing packaging solutions for battery
- Experience designing power electronic assemblies.
- Thermal system analysis expertise, FEA, and CFD
- Experience designing products with customer aesthetic
- Knowledgeable in basic electrical principles and their
application in the design of vehicle charging or renewable energy
- Experience with obtaining compliance and certification to
Keywords: Tesla, Palo Alto , Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, Other , palo alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!